Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I just found out that I need surgery.

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    the silence is a bit ominous

2. Lounge   -   #32
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    oh nos. :crying:
    hope he's ok.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Il probably get it too its in my family my father had 2 operations came back again my brother how old are you ??? I thought your only young!! dam young people get it at that age your nuts apperently hurt like fuck

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Well, did you live?
    Yeah, I lived, and boy do I have a story to tell.

You guys were right, the surgery itself was quick and easy. They put me to sleep, so it was really quick. I remember them taking me into the big cold surgery room with the bright lights above me. The doctor came in and said Hi, and asked a few questions, and said they were going to put me to sleep. Moments later I woke up in the recovery room, and it was all over with.

Now, after the surgery, the recovery process, is horrible. I woke up to pain and was really dizzy. I had to have 2 people help me out of bed, they asked me to walk around a little, and sent me home an hour later. I was really nauseous on the way home, and was throwing up like crazy. It was terrible, I was about to cry. I went home, got in bed, and tried to sleep. I got up many times in the middle of the night, and threw up over and over.

I've been home for about 4 days now, and the pain is slowly going away. It still hurts, and I'm unable to walk easy. It hurts when I'm not doing anything, it hurts when I cough, sneeze, laugh, etc. I couldn't even use the bathroom up until today. Its terrible, I can't even take a shower until they remove the stitches. I'm going to get them removed on Monday, and from what I hear its a really painful process.

So now I'm waiting, constently in pain, and barely sitting down in front of my computer. I'm still taking medicine for the pain, and I'm getting the stitches removed on Monday.

But yeah, you guys were right. Surgery is really quick and easy, the recovery process though, is a horrible experience. I might be gone for a while, I don't know how much longer I can sit here before the pain starts to kill me.

@Adster
    Yeah I guess you can say I'm young. It turns out these kind of things happen often, I found out that its happened to my dad and uncle, as well as other relatives.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Good to hear you are on the path to recovery. You will return to 100% soon.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Yup.

It's kind of unfortunate though, I can't lift heavy things any more, ever. Oh well, I'm just glad this whole thing will be over soon.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    Yup.

It's kind of unfortunate though, I can't lift heavy things any more, ever. Oh well, I'm just glad this whole thing will be over soon.
    You might eventually be able to lift heavy weights with doctors permission. It is how you lift them that maybe have to change. Good to hear you are recovering.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Ouch
    I had the same operation done on me 3 times (some doctors errors....)
    good to hear your ok.
    I hate it when you wake the next morning in the hospital in pain, the nurses come to clean your room and tell you to get up...no sympathy
    i almost passed out.
    Did they make a nice cut?

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    I persoanlly wouldnt worry about it...
    Its quite a common procedure these days,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234