Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just found out that I need surgery.

Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired

Unsure

:Sigh:

Last night I couldn't sleep, whenever I would lie down, the left side of my groin would hurt really badly. I had to stand up and walk around at night. I finally was able to fall asleep, and when I woke up, it hurt even more. Now it hurt when I was lying down, or sitting, or standing up.

My dad ended up calling an Ambulance. I told the two guys I was in a great deal of pain. I couldn't do anything, it was that bad. They said they couldn't do anything, took my blood pressure, and told me to go to a hospital. Since it wasn't an emergency, they wouldn't take me, otherwise they'd bill me "up to a thousand dollars."

So I went to the hospital's emergency room, filled out some forms, and the doctor called me in. He said I might have what is called a "Hernia." They took me to another doctor who examined me, and said I definitely have a Hernia, and I definitely need surgery. A Hernia is when "a piece of intestine slips through a weakness in the abdominal wall, creating a bulge you can see and feel." It hurst when I cough, lift something heavy, or stand for a long time.

The lower left side of my groin is swollen, and it really hurts, even when I'm just standing there. I have to wait until Monday, and I have to have my personal doctor recommend the surgery first, otherwise they won't do it. So now I can't go to work, I can't go to school, and I need surgery. I'm terrified.

One day your sitting there at home, doing just fine, the next day your lying down in a hospital bed having a doctor tell you that you need surgery.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Bad Luck!

Although incredibly painful these things are pretty routine and you will soon be back on your feet. Small comfort I know.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    I think jonno has just recovered from the same thing and ratfaced may have had it in the past as well,

4. Lounge   -   #4
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Dont worry about it, it is quite common. This time next week you will be laughing about it. Just think about all those lovely nurses.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Make sure you get a bed bath m8 all jokes aside my brother had a hernia and got it sorted np, some ppl just live with it depending on the seriousness, have you ever thought of applying for a U.K citizenship? you might have to wait awhile till u get the op but it'll be free
    take care m8 and don't worry.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I know people that have had hernia's, and were in extreme pain so I sympathise there.
    Not that you will need it, but good luck with the surgery. Hope it all goes well.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    So this kind of thing really is common?

Wow thanks you guys, I'll try not to worry too much about it.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Joey Tribbiani had one.

Footballers get them a lot.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Retired

I always thought Hernia had something todo with your back.. hmm maybe the Dutch word 'hernia' means something else.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 03-06-2005 at 01:37 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    Tuff luck me hopes you gets better

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast