Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you prone to agression?

Poster
    Article

This article is about a study that suggests a male's tendacy to aggression can be measured by the fingers on his hand.

It clearly states the study findings are just one small piece of the puzzle and there are many other variables. It also states that the study only indicates whether a male is prone to aggression...........not whether he will act on it.

I am wondering if this information is useful. Anyone have any thoughts on its possible use?

After examing your own fingers, please share your findings and how you feel if this relates to your level of aggression.
    Last edited by Everose; 03-05-2005 at 03:37 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yes I think I would tend to agree with this 'study'. I have found that people with 'short fingers' tend to be more aggressive. I am excluding short people in this, as I find them on the whole to be aggressive irrespective of their finger size.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    mine are pretty much the same :sowhat:

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I remember a couple of years ago a study that showed men with longer second fingers where more prone to be "gay".... now this report suggests they are more prone to aggression because of over exposure to testosterone

That would explain a lot of bitchiness I suppose
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-05-2005 at 01:32 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I remember a couple of years ago a study that showed men with longer second fingers where more prone to be "gay".... now this report suggests they are more prone to aggression because of over exposure to testosterone

I think it is the ring finger length, and whether the index finger is shorter than it, that this study speaks of, Vidcc.

And there are many types and definitions of aggression. Even cultural differences in the displaying of it. In some cultures, aggression would involve physical attack. In others, it may simply be the raising of an eyebrow. Vigorously defending your viewpoints or belief system is a form of aggression, too. Being 'driven' is also a form of aggression.

As far as the bitchiness. I imagine this could also be looked at as a defense mechanism or an aggression, could it not? If someone gets this way with me, I am definitely up to the task to give it right back to them. But it would be rare for me to instigate this type of aggression without being provoked. I think that is the same with most people.

Actually, I originally thought of how many studies have been put out about men's index fingers and thought it a little ridiculous, too.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    I think it is the ring finger length, and whether the index finger is shorter than it, that this study speaks of, Vidcc.
    the same as the "gay study"

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    My fingers are quite long. I think.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    I've been known to stab people for sneezing oh wait, nvm, that was just a dream

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Does this mean they are not 'gay' when they are standing up? (I was going to put erect there, but I thought it would be inappropriate).

P.S. I have long fingers. Does this mean I have been 'missing' out on some kind of sexual activity.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    My fingers are quite long. I think.
    if you read the article it's not how long all your fingers are, it's if your ring finger is longer than your index finger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast