Thread: Another Cm4 Query

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    ok first of some system specs.

sony vaio laptop
    650mhz pent3 cpu
    8meg ati rage mobility graphics card
    12 gig hdd
    196meg of ram

Ok i noticed when i run CM4 + the patch + the crack, it is taking up a lot of system resources.

96%-100% cpu and 100meg of ram and thats only on the menu screen, never mind when i try to play the game.

I could understand it as my PC isnt the best but here is my friends specs

athlon 2700
    512 meg ddr400 corsair ram
    geforce 3 ti200 64MB graphics
    80 gig 7200 rpm hdd
    asus a7n8x board

and he looked as well and its going 96%-100% and using 64meg of ram on the main menu.

this cant be right can it, i mean its not that powerfull a game, for graphics anyway, so i was just wondering if me and my mate are the only 2 who are having this prob, or if only ppl who have got the cracked game have experienced this and if it works ok for the ppl who have bought the game?

and is there anyway around it, personally i think it was a rushed release and maybe we will see a few more patches for it which might sort this prob ( well hopefully) anyway.

2. Games   -   #2
    removed

3. Games   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    come on, someone must either have the same prob, or know of a fix, <BUMP>

4. Games   -   #4
    removed

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    CM4&#39;s minimum processor requirements is 600 MHz. Does that answer it for you?
    Overnet Lite 0.53

Free hosting for P2P clients - PM me

6. Games   -   #6
    Originally posted by OcramC@6 April 2003 - 01:37
    CM4&#39;s minimum processor requirements is 600 MHz. Does that answer it for you?
    erm, obviously you didnt read my full post, i already know my pc is crap, but it does meet the minimun specs, but if you see my friends specs he has a top of the range pc and it is doing the same thing on his as well, so try to explain that to me please.

7. Games   -   #7
    imported_The__One
    Does the game run OK...or is it laggy? Sometimes, even tho 90-98% of CPU power is "consumed", U don&#39;t notice any diffrence when running the game....tho I&#39;m not sure as to why the game takes up all those recources at the main menu....maby it&#39;s simply allocating the necesary recources beforehand

8. Games   -   #8
    its the same when we play the game as well, its still at 95%+ constant, and as for laggy, well ou cant realy notice if it laggy not like half life say where he graphics will be sown in game, the game hasnt got any graphics as such, but the updating between games and even on none match days seems to take forever on my pc, which i can understand i suppose, but it shouldnt on my mates pc.

9. Games   -   #9
    imported_The__One
    Well, I got the game, and installed it on my Toshiba Sattelite laptop: P4 1.8Ghz, 512MB Ram, Geforce 4MX 16MB Go etc...and the game uses &#39;bout 60-80% CPU power on the menu, and &#39;bout the same thing during the game...wich runs fine B) ..so I guess It might be some kind of config problem....no idea as to what tho