Thread: Need help, not connectable

Got a strange problem. A few weeks ago I started to be unconnectable on my pc. I have ports forwarded properly. On the other pc, it is connectable. I have forwarded both pcs like they should be yet this one cant connect.

Im clueless on this one

EDIT: oh yea, I use BitTornado 0.3.7, tried upgrading and downgrading. Tried several different clients with no luck.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 03-08-2005 at 07:21 AM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Did u change anything recently? Perhaps new software, firewall or hardware. Make sure u forward ur ports both on ur firewall and router. Erm, double check i guess to. Make sure they are the correct ports. And try a different torrent. Perhaps that torrent has bad users?
    blah blah blah... whatever...

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    It was a few weeks ago so i cant remember any new software. I was figuring it was a software problem. The connection problem isnt just one torrent. Its all site/trackers. No firewall running.

Oh yea, just remembered... I was using the pc w/o it connected to the router and it had no problems. So its a router problem. Dont get it though....

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Just formatted my hd so its not a software issue...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Retired
    did you try changing ports? which ports do you use now for bittorrent?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Ive changed ports several times. But after I formatted, I finally tried changing again and it worked.

Maybe the router had my settings saved and when I changed, it made it look my pc was a different one.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Make sure you've got a static IP address on your PC. If you've got one that's allocated by your router you will have to change your port forwarding every time your IP address changes, unless you've got uPNP capability.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Yea, its static.