Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 2 specs revealed!

Those spec don't seem that great! But I don't think these are final specs or at least i won't beleave it unless gamespot or ign reports on it...

2. Games   -   #12
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    a console twice as fast as my pc? :shockandawe:

3. Games   -   #13
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by freak
    Those spec don't seem that great! But I don't think these are final specs or at least i won't beleave it unless gamespot or ign reports on it...
    specs not that great? they triple they power of xbox and that aint good enough? jeez

but no seriously xbox specs are better than my pc, xbox 2 specs just totally obliterate my pc.

4. Games   -   #14
    that aint good enough?
    Nope not good enough... I go by where PCs are and compare it to what it'd be by the time the console releases and these specs make me throw up because it could be better.

5. Games   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Oh, right, go out and build a computer with three 3Ghz processors/cores on one board.

Oh, and a radeon chip that hasn't even been released yet.

I highly doubt you'll be able to do that even when this thing gets released. Well, maybe you can get that gpu then, but a triple processor(core) system? no way. Not at a competitive price anyway, and dual opterons(4 cores) won't handle games that well anyway, 'cos they are built for other things.

You gotta remember that this thing will be much more specialized to run one application/game at a time, which means that all its power will be dedicated to the games.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-09-2005 at 12:33 PM.

6. Games   -   #16
    Yeah If you have 512mb of ram Windows is usually using up nearly 256mb of it, i've seen Windows use more than that, meaning with a 512mb your not getting 512mb for games you getting 256mb for games. bSame with CPU, Graphics card and so on. Think that the PS2's CPU is like 450Mhz and this is going to be 3000Mhz X 3

7. Games   -   #17
    meh ok... Guess you guy's get impressed easy???

8. Games   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I guess you don't have a clue???

9. Games   -   #19
    n18's Avatar Death God
    dude ps1 was like 26mhtz, ps2 200mhtz, gamecube 400mhtz, and xbox 700mhtz.... now you will hae new consoles with 3,000mhtz x 3 ....thats pretty impressive.

10. Games   -   #20

Okay i'll make it easy for you, if the parts in this were equivlent to pc parts these are the kinda specs:

6GHZ CPU
    2Gb Ram
    512mb Graphics Card

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast