Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Are U Still Using Kazaa Or Kazaa Lite?

LEGALIZE-MARIJUANA

Unsure

Because of how KaZaA has not been able to control these fake files I rarely use it any more. I won't say what I have switched to because I don't want the same thing to happen there.

LEGAL

Quote Originally Posted by kurse
    EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!!

For those of you have been living under a rock and still use any Kazaa application, there are now way better music,movies,applications,etc. File searching programs available. Kazaa is full of FAKE FILES-files that are not what they are listed as. Kazaa is bundled with spyware/adware/viruses and too many fake files to handle. Kazaa Lite or new/other is no different, you can still be downloading spyware/adware/viruses by downloading fake files.

Say you want to listen to that new song by 50 cent and you see it listed from the search results that came back, well, it might seem safe to download because it says that it is the new song by 50 cent, but MOST likely, it is not. Kazaa is filled with filthy and unhealthy crap for your computer. The RIAA and MPAA have basically poluted KAZAA/Kazaa lite/Other with corupted or fake files to an extent where your just downloading nothing.

What's hot right now?

Good question, here are a few programs that are spyware/adware free, unlimited searches, rarely any fakes or corrupted files, easy to use and some a little more advanced.

1.Ares/ Ares Lite (www.aresgalaxy.org) Kazaa-like easy interface
    Ares is a free peer to peer file sharing program that enables users to share any digital file including images, audio, video, software, documents, etc.
    You may now easily publish your files through the Ares decentralized network. As a member of the virtual community, you can search and download just about any file shared by other users.
    With Ares you can also join chat rooms or host your channel and meet new friends.

2. Shareaza (http://www.shareaza.com/)
    Shareaza is the most luxurious and sophisticated file sharing system you'll find. It can harness the power of up to four separate peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, including EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Shareaza's native network, Gnutella2 (G2).
    Not only that, but Shareaza is completely FREE and won't show any annoying ads or pop-ups. It won't install any unwanted third party programs that can wreak havoc with your computer. No spyware, no registration, no "paid version". Just download and use. Simple.

3. Bittorrent (www.bittorrent.com) FOR ADVANCED USERS or go to http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/romeria/howto.htm to learn how to use this software. Great for movies!!

2. File Sharing   -   #92
    Novice
    UPDATE

Well, Well, Well
    Never would have thought that this thread would be what it is today, but I'm glad it is. Months have passed by and believe it or not a lot has changed since the birth of this post but one thing remains certain, Kazaa/etc. and the Fastrack network is the same maybe even worse now. My best advise to anyone using Kazaa or those of you that are thinking of using it, DO NOT USE KAZAA!! I have an opinion like everyone else in this world, but it's your choice. I have made a new list of "Hot Applications" you guys might be interested in:

First runner up is:

1.) BITTORRENT-an amazing free program to strategically download and effectively upload files. The files can be movies, albums, pictures, documents, software and more.

Get it now at: www.bittorrent.com (Free)

The Pros: You can download huge files for free that usually cost money. You dont have to wait until a (file) comes out in stores for sale. Fast speed downloads, and 1 of 1000 chance of a fake file (my personal estimate). Easy to use program. A lot of sites to download files from.

Cons: The BIG Corporation companies such as RIAA/MPAA has tried crackin down on Bittorrent. Some files are bundled with major adware/spyware, but usually your asked to install something (if you have to install something to watch a video, do not do it and delete the file immediatley). It's hard for some people to find bittorrent sites:https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t89539.html. Sometimes the file you want is not always listed to download, but requesting it to sites might help. You have to register to sites in order to download and a lot of sites are full.

2.) LIMEWIRE-a year 2000 KaZaa like application with it's easy to use interface. Perfect to Newbie's and for advance users.

Get it now at: www.limewire.com (Free)

Pros:-Limewire is extremely easy to use/download/upload files. It covers everything from music, videos, software, documents and pictures. It takes up very little sources of your computer. It has high speed downloads and it's great for new music. Limewire can detect bad files or if you already downloaded the same file before, it will tell you that you have.

Cons: You might find that Limewire sometimes has a short search list of your favorite rock band when your thinking, "hey KaZaA had way more search results". Limewire is still growing...be patient. There are some fakes, but not many.

FOR YOUR SAFETY: The 3 rules of safeness

1.) Always have a virus scanner on your computer recent and updated
    Norton Antivirus www.norton.com
    AVG antivirus www.grisoft.com
    Mcafee Antivirus www.mcafee.com

2.) Always have a good Firewall to protect yourself from those intruders
    Syagte www.sygate.com
    ZoneAlarm www.zonelabs.com
    Outpost www.agnitum.com
    Recommend Peerguardian as a second opinion firewall www.methlabs.org/

3.) Always check and download for security patches from Microsoft.com to be kept secure.

Microsoft Updates http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    Last edited by kurse; 07-28-2005 at 10:10 PM.
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

3. File Sharing   -   #93
    No Full of fakes and cp..............

4. File Sharing   -   #94
    its the same for me, now kazaa has a lot of fakes, and bad music files

5. File Sharing   -   #95
    ye, haven't used it for a long time

6. File Sharing   -   #96
    i think limewire is the best bet for individual mp3s and stuff. irc for full albums. and usenet for movies and tv shows. bittorrent is way to slow most of the time for me. i like my movies in around an hour, not 5 or more like it can sometimes take on bt.

7. File Sharing   -   #97
    NO but kazaa is still the best when it comes to testing ones antivirus....

8. File Sharing   -   #98
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    i stick to ares. or shareaza

9. File Sharing   -   #99
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i havent used kazza for a few months now

10. File Sharing   -   #100
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i just tryed to search for some music and all the files are fake im not using that anymore i think i will try limewire pro

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast