Thread: SpywareBlaster 3.3

A new version of SpywareBlaster is available - 3.3

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/sbupdate.html

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Thnks.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Gotta love this program combined with Firefox. Just did a scan with AdAware, and there wasn't a single piece of crap mucking up my comp since I last scanned like 3 months ago.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    This a nice little freeware application that makes certain malwares do not completely rape your system raw. I have always placed a great deal of worth in having it.

But there are newer, superior kids on this block now for everyone to play with, IMO. I think applications such as Counterspy (shareware) and the Windows Antispyware (freeware- beta) somewhat now make SpywareBlaster pale in comparison. Microsoft's version shows promises of remaining completely free through their Genuine Windows Advantage program and both benefit from a malware database that is regarded to be the best in the business.

SpywareBlaster overall, was definitely one of those "must haves" for Windows users. Though these days, I believe it has out-lived its usefulness when compared to the more newer anti-ad/spy products.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Who cares if Spyware Blaster isn't new & shiny anymore. It uses ZERO system resources.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    is this any better than adaware and spysweeper ?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'm still happy with Giant , But love to try these kind of program's. I reserve the right to try then report back later !

Edit: I don't think we will ever find a program ever one likes. Thats the nice thing about choice , it keeps all the players honest and hard working.
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-12-2005 at 01:58 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    This a different kind of program, folks. Spyware Blaster doesn't scan or remove nasties. It just blocks nasties. Or from their description.

SpywareBlaster Features: System Snapshot

General Description:
    SpywareBlaster System Snapshot creates an "image" of various browser and system settings. Should your computer ever become infected with spyware, running System Snapshot could help remove many, if not all, components of the infection. System Snapshot can also reverse the changes of many browser hijackers.

(NOTE: It is highly recommended that you run a dedicated spyware cleaner like Spybot S & D or Ad-Aware before running System Snapshot - if your spyware cleaner detects nothing, System Snapshot is a second step. It can also be used to restore entries that many spyware cleaners do not cover, and to reset browser settings to their previous state.)

First Use:
    Before you can use System Snapshot to restore, you must create a snapshot. After selecting this option and pressing "Go >" on the main System Snapshot screen, you will need to enter a name for your snapshot. It is highly recommended that you pick a memorable name, or a name of some significance, to ease the selection process for a restore, e.g. "before program X" or "after November update". After clicking the "Create Snapshot! >" button, System Snapshot will scan through various system settings (including registry entries and disk files) and create a Snapshot point.

Restoring a System Snapshot:
    Selecting this option on the main System Snapshot screen will take you to the Snapshot selection area. A list will be displayed of all the System Snapshots created by the current user. (See note below for more information.) Upon selecting a System Snapshot and clicking next, SpywareBlaster System Snapshot will scan your system and compare the current state to the state recorded in the select Snapshot. If any changes or additions are detected, they will be displayed in a list. Simply select the items you wish to have fixed and press the "Restore Select Items" button to fix the detected changes/additions. The option is also provided to delete Snapshots.

NOTE: System Snapshot points are limited to the user that created them because many of the items stored only relate to that particular user. If you have a multi-user system, it is recommended that you create System Snapshots for each user/profile.
    SpywareBlaster System Snapshot only shows the Snapshots the current user has created (no other saved snapshot points are shown).

SpywareBlaster is a trademark of Javacool Software LLC. Copyright © 2002-2005 Javacool Software LLC. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hmm almost like System Restore and then use adaware or spybot ?