Thread: Can't apply patch?

Poster
    I have a version of Vampire: Bloodline which is just the game's folder off another guy's PC uploaded to mine, the game works fine... Only problem is I want to use the 1.2 patch to improve the outside performance but when I try install it it says it doesn't recognize the version I have installed or something to that effect... Any help?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Are u using a crack?

3. Games   -   #3
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    its cos you dont have the registry entries....

i'll see if i can work out a way to fix that...

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Thanks man!
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Games   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i take it your mate has installed the patch?

i can really say exactly how you'd do it. but here's a rough guide and you'd have to improvise. on the pc it was installed on first open "start>run>regedit" then search for the filename of the main game file or just the game name. sift through the results until you find one that looks most important (it'll have to have the version number(1.2)). right click and export the folder then save it, open it on yours. go to the registry key and change the version number to what yours is (probably 1.1 or 1.0).

theres only a chance that might work, i had to do it for red alert 2 once and my bro did it for delta force 4.

but now though people put checksum thingies on patchers so cracked games cant be updated

6. Games   -   #6
    Well the guy who you got it off has the cd's if its installed fine on his pc just borrow the cd's.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    No, the guy doesn't have the patch... He had my CDs of the game!! They were shitty quality so they just got scratched and are not working so I had to copy his game's folder, which is version 1.0 (the original) I then downloaded the Patch which wont install cuz it says it's can't tell which version the game is :/
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Games   -   #8
    Well i'd say its best just to re-download them, chances are you'll get bored of the game and delete and then want to re-install it a few months later.