Thread: A few e-Mule questions from a new e-Muler

Hi everyone,

I'm new to e-Mule, so I don't suppose anyone could answer a couple of questions for me, or point me in the direction of the answer. Thanks a lot.

I used to use Kazaa a while back, and now I mainly use Bit Torrent, but there's been some stuff I haven't been able to find, and a friend told me e-Mule had lots of stuff.

Well, I've download e-Mule plus 1.1c since the plus version sounds better than the normal version (I mean, it has plus in the title... it must be better?). Anyway, I've left it running for about 48 hours now, and... well it hasn't done much.

I've connected to a server, DonkeySever or something, and I've found some ed2k links of some stuff I wanted, and added them. The thing is, once I've added them, they don't do much. There's one that says there are 43 sources. If I have a look at the sources, they all just say something like QR: 87... what does that mean? Am I in a queue?

A while back my download started, and downloaded at 2.9 k/b for a while, then stopped. Now it's started uploading at 10 k/b, and not downloading.

Do I have a LowID problem (I read that that can be a problem somewhere). How do I find out what my ID is on e-Mule plus, and whether it's low or not, and if it is, what can I do about it?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm just used to Kazaa and Bit Torrent, and e-Mule seems a bit weird. Thanks a lot guys,

-Tim

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b

Angry

I've connected to a server, DonkeySever or something
    The best server to connect to is Razorback2

There's one that says there are 43 sources. If I have a look at the sources, they all just say something like QR: 87... what does that mean
    eMule clients show a QR:[x] in the source view.
    QR stands for queue ranking and it is your current position in this source's queue.
    Obviously, a lower value is better.
    43 sources means your connected to 43 people who are sharing the file.
    QR:87 means your 87th in there queue to download from them

How do I find out what my ID is on e-Mule plus
    When eMule Plus is running , click on the server tab at the top and in the right hand side of the window you will see some thing like the picture below..

You can find more information concerning your Mule here - http://emuleplus.info/forum/
    I dont use that mod so I cant really help with its features

You can find "Help & Support" here - http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/help.cgi?l=1

Dont listen to all the old ladies that say emule(ed2k) is slow....
    Im living proof that it isnt
    Last edited by Harsh!; 03-13-2005 at 01:28 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    saman
    i've been using emule for years but never tried emule plus i use 44 a[moprh xt 5 cvs]i'm in a group and we all use this version,give it a couple of days to get going once you get some credits you should get good downloads

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    For the stuff you might be having trouble finding, you could check out www.the-realworld.de

Blaidd

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh!
    The best server to connect to is Razorback2
    With Emule plus its easy too connect with Razorback 2 as well. With normal emule its usually full. Second best is donkeyserver No1.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    add about 25 files to download and watch your speeds increase, this is the tip i got from the official emule-project website