These are ten actual error messages seen on computer screens in Japan, where some are written in Haiku. Aren't these better than "your computer has performed an illegal operation"?
1. The website you seek cannot be located, but countless more exist.
2. Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent and reboot. Order shall return.
3. Program aborting: close all that you have worked on. You ask far too much.
4. A crash reduced your computer to a simple stone.
5. Yesterday it worked. Today it isn't working. Windows is like that.
6. Your file was so big. It may be very useful. But now it is gone.
7. Stay the patient course. Of little worth is your ire. The network is down.
8. Three things are certain: Death, taxes and lost data. Guess which had occurred?
9. Windows NT has crashed. I am the blue screen of death. No-one hears your screams.
10. Screen. Mind. Both are blank.