Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920

Thread: forgetting your roots

Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I repeat.
    I have not been saying we SHOULD have two langauges...I have been saying that it could be beneficial. I have been saying that it wouldn't hinder us.

Don't give me any crap about the weight of opinion when it is just opinion. It doesn't give any weight to your view at all because we are talking opinion not facts. At one point in time everyone was of the opinion that Saddam had WMD were they right? before that there was the opinion that the world was flat.

Yeah and so could be learning to build a radio from a coconut, but that is not the role of our government.
    Last edited by hobbes; 03-25-2005 at 01:35 AM.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #192
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    It's cool man.

It could be beneficial if we had 2 languages.

It could be beneficial if we had 3 languages.
    It could be beneficial if we had 4 languages.
    It could be beneficial if we had 5 languages.

Totally agree.

It could be beneficial if we drove on left side of the road.
    It could be beneficial if we drill more in Alaska
    It could be bene..........
    So what's your point?

i started my point because of this
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Actually the state of New Mexico is doing it's citizen no favors with the dual official languages. It should be pushing them to learn English because here in San Antonio, not speaking English locks you into being that guy that cuts my grass and takes out my trash. It locks you in to the lowest socio-economic class.
    The state is encouraging biligualism, it is encouraging spanish speaking immigrants to learn English and it is teaching the children of spanish speaking immigrants to speak english. It is also teaching where possible english students to learn spanish. It is encouraging BOTH.
    Only official forms are in both languages. Everything else is in English.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #193
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    So what's your point?

i started my point because of this

The state is encouraging biligualism, it is encouraging spanish speaking immigrants to learn English and it is teaching the children of spanish speaking immigrants to speak english. It is also teaching where possible english students to learn spanish. It is encouraging BOTH.
    Only official forms are in both languages. Everything else is in English.
    My point is that it could be beneficial. That's all.

It seems when I said that learning Spanish is beneficial because it helps me communicate with economic refugees you said it was resentful.

I wonder why San Antonio is encouraging bilingualism?
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-25-2005 at 05:08 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1017181920