Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: How fast is 1.5 Mbps?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    yeah $60 for 1.5 megabit is a pretty high price. i'm paying about $40 for 3 megabit... was paying approx the same as bigdawg, but the trick is that some isps will keep charging you the "introductory" price if you sign up for another one-year commitment.

so if your commitment period has run out and your isp is charging you a really high price, try giving them a call and see if they are willing to give you a discount in exchange for committing to another year.
    I did the same and now I pay $29.99.

I told Comcast I would switch to Verizon (the company I work for) and would pay the $29.99. They changed it to Verizon's price. I did the same with my dial-up and it dropped from $14.99 to $9.99 and they both were entirely different companies.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Well I got my self-install kit today, and there is no NIC, even though the FAQ said it comes with one. Oh well, not really a problem.

Now I just have to wait until Friday before I can hook anything up...

3. Lounge   -   #63
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Your a fucking tard. thats the speed of your network card, and its not even a fast one. if were going by your reasoning i have a 100mb pipe.

Thats just how fast someone could send data through your computer, but ofcourse no one does as you don't have 10mb.
    This thread just keeps getting bumped
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I did the same and now I pay $29.99.

I told Comcast I would switch to Verizon (the company I work for) and would pay the $29.99. They changed it to Verizon's price. I did the same with my dial-up and it dropped from $14.99 to $9.99 and they both were entirely different companies.
    yeah that works too, the old "i'm thinking of switching to the competition... you wanna match their price instead of losing a customer?" threat.

phone companies, isps, and cable/satellite services... they kinda want you to have the impression that the prices are set in stone, but competition is so stiff that when push comes to shove their prices totally ARE negotiable. you just need to pick up the phone and push 'um a little bit, and you can walk away with a nice discount.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 03-23-2005 at 12:58 AM.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Only one and a half hours to go! In one and a half hours (12:00am), it will officially be the 25th of March, and I can set up my DSL.

Damn the wait is killing me, if anything goes wrong (because I'm on a shitty PC), I will go crazy!

6. Lounge   -   #66
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    2:13 a.m. here, but curious as to your reaction once your hooked up

7. Lounge   -   #67
    45 minutes left!

I just really hope nothing goes wrong, my computer is crappy, and just might die recognizing a new connection. If I don't post later on in the evening, something has happened, and I have thrown my computer out a window.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Why not throw it out now???

Pics, please........

You'll find a way to buy a new one...........

9. Lounge   -   #69
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi
    Why not throw it out now???

Pics, please........

You'll find a way to buy a new one...........
    Not if he holds on to it as it goes out the window.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    yeah, good point yogi. When I had DSL last year, I upgraded to 3MB and they told me that I would be down 24hrs for the upgrade, I was only down about 3 hrs

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast