Thread: ares not connecting

it has been a week and it still says connecting....what is wrong i unistalled n reinstalled but to no avail.should i get a new version.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    yes you need to upgrade, or use kceasy to connect to ares network

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Im betting you arent connectacble. Meaning your firewall/router is/are interfering.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    how and where do i upgrade and get the newest version released?

5. File Sharing   -   #5

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq86
    it has been a week and it still says connecting....what is wrong i unistalled n reinstalled but to no avail.should i get a new version.
    John, it wouldl help if with technical questions such as yours if you say which version you are using. It's no use lamely asking shall I get a new version, cos if we don't know which version you have now how can we tell you if here is a new version.

I used to have lots of problems connecting with the blue status line say "Connecting.." for ages.

I found that re-installing over the top of my current istallation got me 3 or 4 days of good use, then "Connecting.. " again.

But I have found that over the last few weeks I have been able to connect every time in under a minute !

I think the programmer has done some work on the network.

Regards

Digby

PS it is hard to know which version one has as the programmer refuses to put it on the main screen. I used to have 1.81 build 2952, but have got 296 something now.