Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chaos Theory given highest score on XBM

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Question Mark

source: http://www.splintercell3.com/us/newspost.php?id=10332
    Chaos Theory Gets OXM's Highest Score Ever!
    TOM CLANCY’S SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY™ GIVEN HIGHEST-EVER REVIEW SCORE OF OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE (US)

Paris, FRANCE – March 16, 2005 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, proudly announces that the Official Xbox Magazine (US) has given its Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™ [u]the highest review score in the magazine’s history: 9.9 out of 10.[/b] Official Xbox Magazine is the world’s Number 1 selling Xbox magazine (circulation 400 000).

“Buy it, play it, treasure it. It’s a rare genuine classic and the game the Xbox was built for,” writes Official Xbox Magazine’s Ryan McCaffrey in his review. He adds, “Topping Riddick and Halo 2 by a mile, this level of visual details shouldn’t be possible on an Xbox.”

“Our development teams have put their heart and soul into this game, putting in countless hours towards one ultimate objective: to create the best possible game on the Xbox®, pushing the limits of their imaginations and of the machine itself,” said Ubisoft’s President and CEO, Yves Guillemot. “We’re thrilled that the reporters at Official Xbox Magazine and other publications have recognized the incredible creativity and tremendous efforts that have been poured into this game over the past 3 years.”

The excellent reviews of the game include fantastic scores of 19/20 from Official Xbox Magazine France (circulation 80 000), a 10/10 from UK Xbox World (25 000 circulation), a 9.75 from Game Informer (over 1.6 million subscribers), and scores of 10, 9.5 and 9.0 from Electronic Gaming Monthly (circulation 570,000), with many more outstanding but still confidential evaluations to come.

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™ is the third installment of Ubisoft’s award-winning franchise, with 10 million copies sold. It will be available in stores on March 31st for Xbox®, PlayStation®2, GameCube® and PC throughout North America, Europe and other PAL territories worldwide.
    It has been given the highest score (99% --> 9.9/10) which beat its old highest score by .2 (2%). I seriously cannot wait, previews say that this is as good as the next gen consoles (PC) and the fact that it shouldn't even be for the xbox

once again XBOX prevails cannot freakin wait for this game to come out

Actual XBOX gameplay screens:

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #2
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I really never liked pandora tommorrow because it never gave me the freedom to do what i wanted.. I'd personally prefer MGS3 over any other given day.

3. Games   -   #3
    well that's why chaos theory was made so it could give you freedom of choice, now they implemented it in such a way it's unparallel (or so they say, but the previews support that so i'm gonna have to trust em). i played MSG3 and it's OK, but i'm more into the realism aspect, and frankly, fighting ninjas as a spy isnt' one of em, but hey ppl have diff. tastes/opinions

4. Games   -   #4
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    meh, i think Hitman series are better than splinter cell series.

5. Games   -   #5
    the visuals are neato, but what is up with sams face in this game? he looks all sweaty/nasty/monkyish..

thats the only thing that bothers me

6. Games   -   #6
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Whoa

Crazy GraphiX!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45joe
    the visuals are neato, but what is up with sams face in this game? he looks all sweaty/nasty/monkyish..

thats the only thing that bothers me

something to do with the new weather implementations (moisture thingy) so when it rains in the game the textures of the clothes/face/skin change to resembel the person (not just including sam but any other NPC) being wet. other than that i can't think of why his face would be "sweaty/monkyish".

8. Games   -   #8
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    hitman rocks

is hitman contracts the newest one? and is it awsome?!
    Last edited by bigdawgfoxx; 03-19-2005 at 07:08 AM.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

9. Games   -   #9
    sam looked better in the previous games..i think..
    just look at him now:

Last edited by colt45joe; 03-19-2005 at 08:20 AM.

10. Games   -   #10
    wtf...havent seen those pics yet are those from the PC version? cuz on the xbox version screenshots his face looks just fine (bump mapped of course, but that's better than the last 2 games)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast