Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Be Cool"

Novice
    there are alot of versions of be cool. I got a dvd rip.
    Last edited by kurse; 04-20-2005 at 08:41 AM.
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    this movie blows big time...wat a waste of money and time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I haven't seen it but it's received bad reviews. I'm disappointed because Get Shorty was brilliant. Travolta as the gangster with a conscience was perfect casting and Dennis Farina made me laugh in each of his scenes, you fucking fuckball is still the best movie insult I've ever heard.

Maybe Be Cool will be alright if you enjoyed Get Shorty ... I'm hoping.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I liked Get Shorty, particularly the part where the Gene Hackman character says to the Dennis Farina character "Look at me" a lá Chilli Palmer.

I think the response was unexpected.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What a great movie

There are a lot of cheesy parts, for a film with music business premis, the parts that contained music - more specifically dancing () - were awful. That, however, can be overlooked as the plot was just as manic and entertaining as the first. The one-liners and comedic violence were also quality, watch out for the scene in and then outside the Diner with characters Joe Loop and Raji - it had both

Losing Gene Hackman and Dennis Farina from the first is easily temepered with the appearance of Harvey Keitel as a corrupt music boss and Vince Vaughn playing the OTT camp wannabe black guy. Even The Rock was okay, which surprised me.

In all I think Get Shorty was better but only because of the lack of cheese. If you can ignore that and you liked the first then you'll laugh your arse off at this.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12