Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torrentbits

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Today, just for kicks I wanted to check out the old site, to see what was going on, or what it had been turned into, only to be severely angered. Look what it has been reduced to..When you try to log in, it takes you to a link registering for "Mp3Downloading.com". I laughed, and cried at the same time. I can remember the times when I could get every new game or movie I wanted at lightning fast speed, and now, this.

http://www.torrentbits.org

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    ya. its pretty sad.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    jetje's Avatar former star
    http://www.torrentbytes.net is the new name, sign up will be hard but worth it

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by jetje
    http://www.torrentbytes.net is the new name, sign up will be hard but worth it
    new admin, new uploaders? or did they just changed name?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    new admin, new uploaders? or did they just changed name?
    It all changed at about the same time as suprnova went off. Took me weeks to get back on. Performance isn't a patch on what it used to be like, but is that the tracker or the people who use it? Download speed isn't too bad, but seeding is almost impossible.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    i was a mode at torrentbytes for about 3 weeks some of the staff there are were staff at tbits and some weremembers at tbits too

yup sad, i was gutted when the site was taken down, this new site is just as good though

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    yeah, torrentbits has been like that for awhile. Funny how they kept the layout like that, sad to those that actually fell for it...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I just find it funny when people make sites like FREEMP3DOWNLOADING.COM or KLITEPRO.COM or something like that. They sort of insult us.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    It all changed at about the same time as suprnova went off. Took me weeks to get back on. Performance isn't a patch on what it used to be like, but is that the tracker or the people who use it? Download speed isn't too bad, but seeding is almost impossible.
    Seeding is hard cause almost everybody seeds over there. So is maintaining a decent ratio. Never dl anything below 500kB.
    Stats of TB:
    Torrents 1,094
    Peers 21,671
    Seeders 18,732
    Leechers 2,939

Seeder/leecher ratio 637%

They seem to have a stable tracker and site at the moment.
    I really think it's one of the better sites on the net atm.... (for new stuff at least)

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    too old
    fuckin scam site... "Download Now", download what...

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast