Thread: Return: Of The Battle Of The Bands

brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Radiohead Vs Pink Floyd...who would win? and what are they fighting over?
    A girl?

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 03-23-2005 at 03:51 AM.

2. Music   -   #2
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Pink Floyd I'd have to say been around longer put on a great light show more variety in the music more complex.

I like radiohead too but really have to be in the mood for it..... or in a very depressed mood like wanting to kill yourself fake plastic tree great song gets me down everytime

3. Music   -   #3
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    Pink Floyd (the early years) not that I dislike the newer stuff, I just enjoy the sound they had back in the day. Radiohead are just depressing for the sake of being depressing whereas PF were depressing in a kind of 'we're-all-going-to-be-treated-like-and-die-soon-but-lets-enjoy-the-ride' kinda way
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

4. Music   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by brenda
    Pink Floyd (the early years) not that I dislike the newer stuff, I just enjoy the sound they had back in the day. Radiohead are just depressing for the sake of being depressing whereas PF were depressing in a kind of 'we're-all-going-to-be-treated-like-and-die-soon-but-lets-enjoy-the-ride' kinda way
    Hmmm...that's the impression I get from Radiohead (how you described Floyd)
    Pink Floyd's early work was awsome (after, Waters left...they lost their soul)

Wish You Were Here...originally written,about Syd Barretts departure,is a great song. (I wonder how many times...David Gilmore played that tune,drunk and alone,wishing for Roger's return?)

My vote go's with Radiohead...tough choice for me,but I can't stand what David Gilmore has done to the band (floyd).

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 03-23-2005 at 06:04 PM.

5. Music   -   #5
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Thats a hard one!

Although The Bends was a cracking album from Radiohead, I'll have to vote for Floyd. They get extra points for scaring me with The Wall video, when I was small....er.

I imagine them fighting over a game of golf.
    Last edited by Lilmiss; 03-24-2005 at 12:24 AM.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

6. Music   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    Thats a hard one!

Although The Bends was a cracking album from Radiohead, I'll have to vote for Floyd. They get extra points for scaring me with The Wall video, when I was small....er.

I imagine them fighting over a game of golf.
    I believe Radiohead can't go out in the sun,I'm pretty sure it's in their contract.
    (not sure about the golf.)

Peace bd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 03-24-2005 at 08:04 PM.

7. Music   -   #7
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Pink Floyd would win except for the part they are all old. But then again, on their worst day they are still better than Radiohead.

Heres a better fight: Radiohead vs. Tool. Both of them make dense, pretenctious, often tuneless, pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Both of their fans are arrogant idiots. The Tool fans being by far the worst. I would assume that it would be a more equal battle.

8. Music   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Pink Floyd would win except for the part they are all old. But then again, on their worst day they are still better than Radiohead.

Heres a better fight: Radiohead vs. Tool. Both of them make dense, pretenctious, often tuneless, pseudo-intellectual bullshit. Both of their fans are arrogant idiots. The Tool fans being by far the worst. I would assume that it would be a more equal battle.
    I am a fan,and I don't fit the stereotype you speak of Arm.

Peace bd

9. Music   -   #9
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Youre either in denial or not a hardcore enough fan to be an arrogant idiot.

10. Music   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm
    Youre either in denial or not a hardcore enough fan to be an arrogant idiot.
    ffuk off ,,friend

pebd
    Last edited by brotherdoobie; 03-27-2005 at 06:25 AM.