Thread: comma (,) separating datas

Please does anyone know any free software I could use to comma-separate datas in a text file (.txt).

e.g. to change this;

sample
    test
    guys
    good
    USA

To this;

sample,test,guys,good,USA

I will appreciate any information.
    Last edited by Agamalizard; 03-22-2005 at 05:35 PM.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Agamalizard
    Please does anyone know any free software I could use to comma-separate datas in a text file (.txt).

e.g. to change this;

sample
    test
    guys
    good
    USA

To this;

sample,test,guys,good,USA

I will appreciate any information.
    Write it yourself in C, C++, VB, Java, Java script or any language you know. It will be a piece of cake.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonian
    Write it yourself in C, C++, VB, Java, Java script or any language you know.
    English?

That's the only one I know he/she knows.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    MS word? if you use the replace function

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The replace function can only to change this;

sample
    test
    guys
    good
    USA

To this (only if there are highlightable spaces after the last alphabets of the words);

sample,
    test,
    guys,
    good,
    USA,

But that is not what I want. To make my request clearer;

I just want a program that could separate datas in a text file, with commas (,). The result file should not contain any paragragh, space or any other attributes but just only comma separated datas.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    word can change pretty much anything into anything else, it uses special characters to achieve this.

Open up replace, click on the more button and then the special button, the one you want is paragraph mark which i think is ^p
    Last edited by ilw; 03-24-2005 at 02:44 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw
    word can change pretty much anything into anything else, it uses special characters to achieve this.

Open up replace, click on the more button and then the special button, the one you want is paragraph mark which i think is ^p

My friend, may the almighty God bless you forever!!. You have really solved a problem that ate right deep into my medular oblongata these few days. Imagine how simple it was for you to solve. Knowing solution to a problem is one thing, giving out simple and best description of the solution is another. Which you did. Thank you very much.

To other guys who tried in one way or the other to help me as well, I say, THANK YOU.