Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!1111
    i think im gona fail history

My Blog
    I'm still here.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    haha
    silly man.here you are worrying about failing history and im already beyond even hope.You live in canada and you think you are failing one class...sound real good to me.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Actually Zigs, apart from your 'stache, I think you have plenty of potential. I was like you at one time, very able but completely disinterested.

Thank goodness I had parents that let me outgrow my attitude problem and let me see how suck-ass life was at minimum wage.

I was lucky to have financial support once I realized the dead end my apathy had to offer.

If you don't have this back-up, you need to get off your ass and kick things up a notch.

Money buys more than happiness, it buys security.

I want to be absolutely clear, sometimes we set our own limitations. I have a job now that I thought, from my upbringing, that I was too stupid to have. I not only achieved this job, but I kick ass.

I found that my ill conceived ideas about myself and my potential was the single greatest limiting factor in my success.
    That is one hell of a great post.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jaigandhi5
    if i didnt have to go to school i would be sleeping right now...or watching tv.....

but here i am doing history hwmk....since 5!
    Being on here has nothing to do with you taking extra long on your history homeowrk .....

*quit postin- hint hint nudge nudge*
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    That is one hell of a great post.
    Thanks Vb.

The thing that makes my post important is that this is not some abstract pep-talk, but the actual story of my life.

My Mother remarried into a rather successful family which was far removed from her upbringing. In order to protect me, she constantly told me not to attempt to be what our new family was and be happy with being me.

As a young child, I accepted this as fact and never attempted to intrude upon the world of the blessed.

Were it not for a childhood bestfriend, who did, in fact, travel the road of success, I never would have considered it.

When I did, I totally kicked ass and took names.

Sometimes parents collar you to protect you from feelings of failure, but when you shirk these things off, you become what you can be.

My mother is completely in awe of what I have become, as has my adopted Father. This really makes me feel good.

Fear of failure is no excuse to not trying.

This is not a story to motivate people, but my actual life.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    EDIT: also u can come to my school at any time to shoot people (teachers)

Someone hasn't seen Bowling For Collumbine and is an American

7. Lounge   -   #27
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Thanks Vb.

The thing that makes my post important is that this is not some abstract pep-talk, but the actual story of my life.

My Mother remarried into a rather successful family which was far removed from her upbringing. In order to protect me, she constantly told me not to attempt to be what our new family was and be happy with being me.

As a young child, I accepted this as fact and never attempted to intrude upon the world of the blessed.

Were it not for a childhood bestfriend, who did, in fact, travel the road of success, I never would have considered it.

When I did, I totally kicked ass and took names.

Sometimes parents collar you to protect you from feelings of failure, but when you shirk these things off, you become what you can be.

My mother is completely in awe of what I have become, as has my adopted Father. This really makes me feel good.

Fear of failure is no excuse to not trying.

This is not a story to motivate people, but my actual life.

I wish to join VB in giving kudos for your posts, Hobbes.

I have suffered my own bouts with aimlessness, and know whereof you speak.

Well done.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #28
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well its just that i dont see the point of the things we learn in school...

i miss the good old days when i was in grade 7 and lower.....school used to be fun, now all i think about is how bad im doing in a certain course...and its just my luck that i get a history teacher which marks at a grade 12 level and if that isn't bad enough i have her for civics as well

btw im in grade 10 and i realize that its just going to get harder
    ya. i agree completely.

liek the math you learn in grade 10 and 11....totally useless.
    haven't seen grade 12 yet.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Gemby!'s Avatar Poster
    Maths isn't that bad, i studied it and passed....

shame i dont remember much though.....
    Single handedly destroying the NHS from the inside

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Djtima's Avatar ^__^
    id say school on the whole isn't so bad...
    1. its a place to meet your friends everyday (if u go)
    2. there are loser teachers there that you can make fun of and put them down...
    3. its a great place to hear where and when the next big occasion is (party, beer bash, ect.)

Tima's : [ Devart - AudioScrobbler - Xfire ]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast