Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: A Canadian Apology

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+11 April 2003 - 22:06--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 11 April 2003 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@12 April 2003 - 03:55

They have, however, escalated their campaign by putting "prizes" previously included free in cereal boxes into McDonalds&#39; "FunMeals" and charging extra for them, encouraging soccer moms to "Collect All Ten&#33;&#33;&#33;",
    thereby capitalizing further efforts to undermine parenting on other fronts.

It&#39;s "HappyMeal", not "FunMeal".

My God, talk about slipshod. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;M MORTIFIED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    I guess I&#39;m gonna have to watch those commercials more closely
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #112
    Boy, great stuff here lately-and me, stuck for time&#33; I&#39;m bereft (have to go run someone out of town).

Please don&#39;t desert this thread; I haven&#39;t heard enough apologies, and I fear I have a few to make (BLOODY TIME&#33;&#33;&#33.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #113
    why would you apologize tho? thats my question? everything is justified.

chloe - you write too much too often. no offense, you have a lot to say, but i never actually read it all.

4. Lounge   -   #114
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by Z@12 April 2003 - 22:05

chloe - you write too much too often. no offense, you have a lot to say, but i never actually read it all.
    That&#39;s because Chloe is typing/speaking for two.
    Took me a while to figure it out too.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Lounge   -   #115
    Originally posted by j2k4@12 April 2003 - 20:27
    Boy, great stuff here lately-and me, stuck for time&#33; I&#39;m bereft (have to go run someone out of town).

Tar and feathers?

Pitchforks and torches?

On a rail?

6. Lounge   -   #116
    Originally posted by chloe_cc2002@11 April 2003 - 23:14

I happen to have as much faith in Psycho-therapists/Psychiatrists as I do phrenologists, and would rather consult the Australian Psychics Association and/or the Viennese Palmistry Association for any diagnosis or probing of my psyche.

Perhaps I have also read too much Focault and Szass to see how it can be used as form of social hygiene rather than mental "hygiene".

BTW why do yanks still use the word "hygiene" in their legislation relating to mental health?? Hygiene used to mean just general health, it has really lost it&#39;s traditional meaning, just as intercourse has as in social "intercourse" for eg. That is a phrase that is often not used anymore.

Mental hygiene sounds soooooo sanitary too, which then leads me to think of sanitariums and I&#39;m not talking about cereal companies either....(Sanitariums is a purely Australian owned cereal company btw).
    All services are available free in this forum.

We offer alternative regimens and guarantee them for thirty days or thirty miles, whichever comes first.

The word "hygiene", as used by common Mental health professionals, serves as entree for their billing purposes; i.e., "The task of maintaining your mental hygiene is not to be taken lightly, and not to be undertaken by the individual in question under any circumstances". By this you are supposed to infer that mental hygiene is to be maintained by the judicious intra-cranial application of a soapy scrub brush wielded by a person with the appropriate 4, 6, or 8-year degree. DO NOT BE FOOLED&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Here at the Canadian Apology Clinic, we can treat you on an out-patient basis AND guarantee a cure in four treatments or less.*

*Warning: Formal acceptance of three (3) treatments or more WILL (WILL) result in permanent conversion to Conservative political status.

-Mark Twain

7. Lounge   -   #117
    Originally posted by clocker+12 April 2003 - 17:58--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 April 2003 - 17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--j2k4@12 April 2003 - 20:27

Tar and feathers?

Pitchforks and torches?

On a rail? [/b][/quote]
    In a U-Haul.

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #118
    KIDS&#33;&#33;&#33;

re: j2k4

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN&#33;&#33;....

9. Lounge   -   #119
    Uproarious Laughter is heard from behind the curtain.

(A pair of moccasins is seen protruding beneath the curtain&#39;s golden fringe).

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #120
    Originally posted by j2k4@13 April 2003 - 03:23

(A pair of moccasins are seen protruding beneath the curtain&#39;s golden fringe).
    I was certain those were Ugg&#39;s....

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast