Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: A Canadian Apology

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I'm not really sure where to put this, so if you mods find that it's not suited for the lounge, feel free to move it.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our lumber dispute. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the war of 1812. I notice you've repainted it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way, which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this.

We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.
    And, thusly I don a flame-retardant suit.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Why would Canadas' opinion on anything matter?

You would be a US state if you had any value.

Sorry but you guys have no influence over anything.

When I think of Canada, I think of nothing.

Americans neither love nor hate you, we give you the grandest complement of indifference.

Did Hitler surrender to Canadians, or did the US liberate France and help to defeat Hitler. Gosh, we helped Quebecs homeland and won the war too.

I really want to say this: I grew up in America, I see Canada as our peaceful neighbor to the North. I like you guys, I have visited your beautiful country, and I don't understand why you think we disrespect you.

It probably comes from border states. Missouri hates Kansas, Missouri pretends to hate Illinois. These are our borders and these are just friendly rivalries. It is just for fun.

We in the US like our Canadian neighbors, period.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    i love it!!

4. Lounge   -   #4
    me too!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Canada doesn't suck, and it isn't feckless or irrelevant either-SO THERE!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #6
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Ah, I love This Hour Has 22 Minutes. I think my favourite spot on it was "Talking to Americans."

Of course, Rick Mercer's hour special of that was most excellent.

Texas Governor George W. Bush: I'm glad to have the support of Prime Minister Jean 'Poutine.'
    I hope he has the name right now.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Lounge   -   #7
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by j2k4@5 April 2003 - 19:56
    Canada doesn't suck, and it isn't feckless or irrelevant either-SO THERE!
    umm this is showing how arrogant the U.S. is and how seemingly intelligent Canada is..

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@5 April 2003 - 23:49
    Ah, I love This Hour Has 22 Minutes. I think my favourite spot on it was "Talking to Americans."

Of course, Rick Mercer's hour special of that was most excellent.

Texas Governor George W. Bush: I'm glad to have the support of Prime Minister Jean 'Poutine.'
    I hope he has the name right now.

yes, but out of how many people they interviewed, that is how many they used. how many people do u think they interviewed? tons.
    actually the bush and gore bits were quite amusing, but they were not paying attention and really didnt care much. the real funny parts were with the governer of alabama when he said straight to the camera "congrats on your new 24 hour clock!".

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Ex-member
    All of you (USA-lovers too) should read Stupid White Men by Michael Moore.

It points out just what's wrong with America today and is very funny too.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    ClubDiggler's Avatar Poster
    Dear Canadians;

Your apology is accepted! We are already used to you!

Sincerely,

USA

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast