Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ntl:home Users (uk)

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    The NTL 1GB per day cap has been in effect for a while now. I heard about it pretty much as soon as it came about but figured I'd wait til they tell me to stop before changing my downloading habits. I've only had DU Meter for about a month now, but in that time I have downloaded less than a gig only 4 times. However I have not heard a whisper from NTL. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything from them yet?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    It's been all quiet on the NTL front here (which is strange as we've also had a relable service for a couple of months too), even with the excessive downloads I have been doing.
    I've not even heard anymore from them about my uploads which they got is a twist about just before christmas

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Same here ive heard nothing either, but i said when it was first anounced on this forum, that it was a load of crap, its just time management so they can prove there is a need for faster bandwidth than the 1meg they have got at the moment.

its 11am here now and ive already downloaded 2 gig today and ive got another 2gig+ coming in the next 6 hours so thats my fortnightly quota in 1 day lol.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    Have you now noticed that they have increased the price also.
    They are upgrading the 128 to 140 or 160 i think, not sure, but at a cost of an extra £3 hmmmm

i bet that those who are on the 12month contract already for the 128 service will find that NTL have done it again by sneaking in the price increase and not tell them about it.

[im on bt Openworld 512 adsl (no cap) they have since dropped the price, but we are still on the contract for 12 months and cant benefit from the lower prices. it seems companys are allowed to sneak in things that make you paymore/get less , but cant do anything that effects them, "cos its illegal" BS!!!]

this also means that you are now able to DL more than 1gig on the lowest tier. which before YOU COULD leave ur 128 connection on all the time DLing stuff and not go over the 1gig cap. now with the extra speed you cant!!!

THINK ABOUT IT - they are now trying to get people to upgrade to the higher tiers by making them think that they need the faster speed since they are reaching their limit of 1gig, it just means they will reach the limit faster.

NTL are supposed to be having bandwidth problems cos they cant keep up with the demmand, or soon to be lack of. they cant keep up with the people using the net so much, so they introduce a cap to target the "over users" of the service.

If your having network slowdown, yes i agree you might want to introduce a cap, BUT you dont then go upgrading the other areas of the company, like allowing those on the 128 service a 2 week taster of the 600k service. you are taking bandwidth from those who have paid for it and giving it away free to those who havent paid for it.

Xan

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Change Service is my Recomendation, A 1Gb Cap is stupid, whats the point of having broadband? pretty much defeats the object.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    im on BT Broadband ADSL not openworld
    hav i gt a 1gig cap and is ther neway to log how much i download say over a month period?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    @dapadipz

Contuary to NTL's PR people BT Broadband (the shite version of Openworld packed with things you dont need like spam filter etc) The REAL cap is 3gigs. It says 1gig in the book to "advise" you on your surfing habits, but they dont mind you going over that, since with 512 the MAXIMUM you could ever possibly download is 3 - 5 gigs, so that cap is fair.

Tho NTL and thier 1000 service can DL a MAX of 10 - 12 gigs, cap of 1gig NO THANKYOU, do the maths.

as to the log of UL and DL, check around on google or something, there are plenty of progs which will do this for you.

Xanex

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Eatchipz's Avatar Poster
    Have you now noticed that they have increased the price also.
    They are upgrading the 128 to 140 or 160 i think, not sure, but at a cost of an extra £3 hmmmm

i bet that those who are on the 12month contract already for the 128 service will find that NTL have done it again by sneaking in the price increase and not tell them about it.
    I am on 128k so your sayin that they might be upgadrein it and u will have to pay £3 more. I think I am ok I do not download a lot of big things eg movies but I am might be go up 2 600k with ntl.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    i use bt broadband aswell and ive had no probs with it; ntl from what i hear take it up d batty

btw bt broadband is far better than bt openworld as i get no shit from them and my average dl rate is 70k on a 1/2 meg account-w00t

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Like a couple of ppl here i'm on the 128 service with NTL and its ok,i get my movies etc eventully leaving it on 24/7 mind until ive d/loaded my 700mb films.
    I was thinking of upgrading but im not too sure now.
    Sneeky fookers NTL are i got a letter thru the other day about the 3 quid price increase...bit late tho as i'd already read about this on the web
    seems like an afterthought to me,cos the customer service has allways been shite.

I have heard,not sure how true it is but as there changing the terms of my/your contract by the price increase that i/you can cancel the 12month contract.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast