• never

18 20.45%
  • other

4 4.55%
Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you own a gun?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Dude, a gun is not a magical force-field that wards all evil away.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If someone breaks in, and you and they both have guns, what if that's what gets them nervous enough to shoot you before you shoot them?

Or, hell, what if the kid finds it?

Or you trip and shoot yourself.

A gun might save you, but it might just as well be an accident waiting to happen.

It's not instant security inna box.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-02-2005 at 04:22 PM.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Hmmm....
    Fence - privacy, keeps out dogs, and can let a 4 year-old play without super strict supervision.

Alarm system - you've gone to work and someone carted away all your shit, taking an hour to do it....oops they can't because of THE ALARM SYSTEM. Also anyone coming in or out at any time sends a signal.

Guns - Someone breaks in, you have nothing, they have a gun, you and your family are huddled in the bedroom waiting to die.

Mind you this is all just in case shit. I have never had my house broken into.
    One day, just one day, your house might get picked.

I deal in lowering chances of shit happening and not sitting on the fence.
    I also believe the world only gets worse as time goes on.

Btw I don't live in Beirut or anything. The previous owners, for example, lived here for 42 years and didn't have an alarm. I believe in protecting my family and giving them piece of mind. When I'm not there and there is basically a shield around the house, that makes them feel better.

Simple logic.
    Uhh ... yeah.

You've demonstrated what I already have. It's a mentality, you have it, I don't.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    If someone breaks in, and you and they both have guns, what if that's what get them nervous enough to shoot you before you shoot them?

Or, hell, what if the kid finds it?

Or you trip and shoot yourself.

A gun might save you, but it might just as well be an accident waiting to happen.
    Your first question is the most liberal one I've heard in years. He comes into my house with a gun.......

Second, two words, gun locks.

Third, you are fishing. I don't run around with guns. The only shooting I actually do is at the range.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, they come into your house, expecting it to be a simple matter of pushing you around, and they find you there with your wee gun?

Instant fooking OK corral.

Secondly, there are a lot of reasons you might forget a gun-lock.

And thirdly, what if they decide to break in while you are pished, or haven't slept, or whatever. It's easy to forget yourself.
    Last edited by Snee; 04-02-2005 at 04:39 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Uhh ... yeah.

You've demonstrated what I already have. It's a mentality, you have it, I don't.
    Yep, it's called security.

I've seen enough to warrant my mentality. It's also called survival. I like my chances increased although I can't guarantee it.

I notice many on here act as if this "mentality" is a burden. It is not.

I come home turn off the alarm and go about my business. It's a button press ffs.
    The same when I leave.
    If I'm outside in the yard and just come in, there is a chirp.

That's about the extent of my alarm dealings.

When I go to range, my gun is the cabin of the car, ammo in the trunk.
    I come home, gun lock on, put in hiding place.

Otherwise guns are no intrusion on my lifestyle. I don't carry it when walking around my backyard or anything...they stay put unless I'm going shooting.

The fence is for privacy and to stop packs dogs from roaming freely and biting the shit out of me.

Again, simple logic.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Busy, you're in dreamland if you think that your range shooting will instantly mean you'll pwn a burgular in a gunfight.

You have to acknowledge that the mere fact you possess a gun heightens the chances you'll get shot.

An armed burgular without being faced with a gun toting house-owner will steal your stuff and fuck off, an armed burgular with his life at risk will shoot you and still steal your stuff. Sure you may get lucky and shoot him first but maybe you're not so lucky the next time.

Who cares if your stuff is stolen provided you survive. You do have insurance, I take it.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #28
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Yep, it's called security.

I've seen enough to warrant my mentality. It's also called survival. I like my chances increased although I can't guarantee it.

I notice many on here act as if this "mentality" is a burden. It is not.

I come home turn off the alarm and go about my business. It's a button press ffs.
    The same when I leave.
    If I'm outside in the yard and just come in, there is a chirp.

That's about the extent of my alarm dealings.

When I go to range, my gun is the cabin of the car, ammo in the trunk.
    I come home, gun lock on, put in hiding place.

Otherwise guns are no intrusion on my lifestyle. I don't carry it when walking around my backyard or anything...they stay put unless I'm going shooting.

The fence is for privacy and to stop packs dogs from roaming freely and biting the shit out of me.

Again, simple logic.
    Not logical really, you're explaining a point I've already explained.

I couldn't care if you think it's a burden to feel this way or not, my point is that I have absolutely no desire to be in the clutches this very different mentality.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Busy, you're in dreamland if you think that your range shooting will instantly mean you'll pwn a burgular in a gunfight.

You have to acknowledge that the mere fact you possess a gun heightens the chances you'll get shot.

An armed burgular without being faced with a gun toting house-owner will steal your stuff and fuck off, an armed burgular with his life at risk will shoot you and still steal your stuff. Sure you may get lucky and shoot him first but maybe you're not so lucky the next time.

Who cares if your stuff is stolen provided you survive. You do have insurance, I take it.
    You live in dreamland if you think people just come to steal property.

It seems to me that folks of your ilk seize any chance to belittle minor points.

You conveniently left out the fact that by having an alarm the the chances of being burgled are severely lessened but yet hone in on the notion of a burglar shooting 'cause I showed a gun.

Me being somewhat streetwise, I wouldn't play that card unless I have to. I don't have guns just to protect my shit. I have it to protect my family so having a gun doesn't increase my chances but brandishing it willy-nilly does.

For example, in a car-jacking...take the fucking car even if I have a gun.

You folks assume...gun = smoke'em if you got 'em

Example if someone broke into my house downstairs then I would immediately huddle my family in one room, get my gun, and have my lady call the police while I train the gun on the door. Soon I'll have a key chain panic button.

I don't go investigating like teh movies. If I'm shot, what protection does that leave my family?
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-01-2006 at 09:34 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Not logical really, you're explaining a point I've already explained.

I couldn't care if you think it's a burden to feel this way or not, my point is that I have absolutely no desire to be in the clutches this very different mentality.
    You called it oppressive yet there is no oppression.

Tbh when I read about 2 home invasions where everyone was killed, it changed my preparedness.

One in particular had 2 gentlemen breaking in a house of 7 people and all of them were killed (they weren't sleep). Very isolated incident yet I'm a just in case kinda guy and don't want to be "the isolated incident".
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-02-2005 at 05:48 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast