17 28.33%
  • No

18 30.00%
  • It would depend on the circumstances

20 33.33%
  • Not sure

5 8.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: If world war 3 broke out would you fight for your country?

S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    glad we got that cleared up before the canada-america war starts
    Right.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Ok I've read this back sober and my official stone cold stance on the matter is is My country was being invaded or opressed I would fight to the death, if another country was being unjustly oppressed or invaded I would fight to the death (btw I have served) but if my country decided oppressed or invaded another country unjustly I would fight my government to the death Something I watched on tv had a good qoute, sorry I forgot who it was but at the time of the second world war he said "for evil to prevail meant good people stood back and did nothing" which sums up the rise of the Nazi party.

another good 1 is "todays freedom fighters are tommorows terrorists" depending on wether you beilive in your government, best bet is to make up your own mind and keep it open.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Poster
    Keyser, this is a better quote:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."
    It is an outdated ideoloy, one of a bygone era but some still subscribe to it, that is there will always be some who will denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism or call them 'pussies' or 'cowards'.

The quote is internet famous but if you didn't know - Herman Goering first uttered it at the Nuremberg trials.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Well corrected I was close

5. Lounge   -   #45
    I believe that war is an absolute last resort, when people talk about wars often its often assumed iraq is the issue but I'm generalising a tad, iraq I think was 90% politically motivated, the point of a war is to make yourselves safer and strategically stronger which the iraq war achieved neither in fact it has to be said it actually played into terrorisms hands, Bin laden wanted to draw the U.S onto his ground where he could play the game on his terms which he has achieved,it also forced the u.s into taking thier eye off the ball giving chance for him to ecsape and even more recruits to his campaign.
    Everyone has to fight for whatever they believe in I just hope that there is enough good in the world for ppl to fight for peace
    I watched something(I watch a lot of documentrys ) about a battle between the germans and french on ww1, the battle was an absolute blood bath and never has as much artillery been dropped in one area resulting in starving men with no ammunition who had been pounded for weeks eventually fighting hand to hand, 700 thousand ppl lost there lives in the battle that had no strategic adavantage but was motivated by how much points it would score from a propaganda point of view, the french president and german leader held hands in the 90's at the memorial site of the battle as a sign of respect and it may sound simplistic and nieve but I thought why did'nt they do that 80 or so years ago and 700,000 ppl could have raised families and had a full life like you and me take for granted

Yeah wars shit.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    not really. if my government was in the wrong i wouldn't fight for them
    In what way?

I will say that I am a true patriot.

If World War broke out, unfortunately other countries might be gunning for me whether I agreed with government or not.

It's a weird thing. Being a patriot also means fighting for my own country's ideals even maybe if it's fighting against them if they have lost their way.

For that .....I have my guns.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-27-2005 at 01:59 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Depending on what side the Americans were on, and who they were invading fighting. We all know that if WW3 did break out it would likley be a West Vs. East, America Vs. The Middle East, and if Labour get elected then you can be sure Blair will have his head jamed up Bushes ass.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    jetje's Avatar former star
    if people could just forget borders and would ignore politicians..

War would become something from ancient times

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345