Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i cant scandisk and defrag my computer

can someone please help me i still cant do defrag or scandisk.ive tried everything and my damn recovery cd doent work.is there a way i can geta recovery cd of the web?please i would really appreciate the help

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I don't know, but you could d/l win xp pro and burn to disk . Or win me for that matter. With out your recovery disk your stuck. Does your hd have a recovery partion ? You know like hold down a key at start up to go to recovery? Have you tryed your floppy boot disk and ran scandisk from A: drive?

http://www.bootdisk.com./
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-11-2005 at 01:16 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq86
    can someone please help me i still cant do defrag or scandisk.ive tried everything and my damn recovery cd doent work.is there a way i can geta recovery cd of the web?please i would really appreciate the help
    ME i do believe needs a boot floppy
    go to peat's link, they have it there
    because if you are planning to dl another OS ISO,
    i will say again...2K or XP
    it really is not worth your time to dl ME

but with the above mentioned boot floppy,
    you should be able to work something out,
    a defrag/disk check in DOS perhaps

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    i went to the link but it has two diffrent things to download for win me please help me which one do i click on?thanx for all the help so far.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I think it's this disk you want: http://www.infotechcommunity.com/bootdisks/bootme.exe (windows me OEM bootdisc).

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    When in control panel \add/remove programs the windows setup tab gives this error when selected: First a box comes up Rundll32 it has 2 buttons close&ignore.Ignore does nothing Close brings up another box it says Rundll32 has caused an error in Setupx.dll rundll32 will now close.do u think this is one of the problems conflicting witht eh defrag,beacuse this never happened before either.please any help im getting scared my computer is goin to be messed up forever.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Windows ME sucks. I would recommend 2000 instead or even go down to 98. ME is just a really bad OS
    blah blah blah... whatever...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    i know i should upgrade but i cant get my hands on xp so is there any way i can fix this problem please help i really appreciate it.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What do you mean "you cant get your hands on xp"? You have been a member of this forum for almost 2 years now.

Can you even run XP? What are the specs of your PC. Perhaps Win2000 is a better choice.

As for DEFRAG and SCANDISK... They are both available in DOS from a bootable floppy diskette and can run as a command from the DOS prompt.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    how would i be able to run that on dos?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast