Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watching Wrestlemania 21 tonight?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    didn't stone cold get kicked out when all the tards in 10G thought wrestling was cool?

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    If I wanted to act like I'm from Compton, I'd probably listen to rap music, carry a gun and start talking fo shizzle my nizzle rather than wear a simple bandanna. While I'm not living in Birmingham and still have some brain cells though, let's steer this matter away from the Sports Club (I didn't even mention the sheep this time )

My original point was that (for the sake of liberal thinking), wrestling while being fake is still classed as a sport. Okay, WWE is barely wrestling but wrestling is still a sport - Especially when you forget about the saccarin American version and look at say the Japanese version.

Do we consider baseball still a sport when we were talking about the institutionalisation of steroids abuse among some of the League's players a week ago?

BTW the only one I am interested in IS the Akebono match. The rest, despite being Wrestlemania, are basically more of the same.
    Wanker was merely pinting out that WWE Wrestling ain't a sport and it isn't. It is admittedly staged. Wrestling, on the other hand, is a sport and has been before teh WWF came along.

I used to watch WWF with my great grandmother in SC when I was younger and went to matches at the old Capital Centre outside of DC (I wish I could find the picture I took). At that time I took wrestling as being real to a degree.

As I grew older knowing it's fake, I look at it as mainly as a child's entertainement...however...

I would like to see Rowdy Roddy Piper (for nostalgia) and the women's championship (for...well.. )
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-03-2005 at 07:34 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Wanker was merely pinting out that WWE Wrestling ain't a sport and it isn't. It is admittedly staged. Wrestling, on the other hand, is a sport and has been before teh WWF came along.

I used to watch WWF with my great grandmother in SC when I was younger and went to matches at the old Capital Centre outside of DC (I wish I could find the picture I took). At that time I took wrestling as being real to a degree.

As I grew older knowing it's fake, I look at it as mainly as a child's entertainement...however...

I would like to see Rowdy Roddy Piper (for nostalgia) and the women's championship (for...well.. )
    It's an eventual realisation - I remember watching Insurrextion '00 with some of my friends in high school and getting really involved with it. Then over a few months, I realised it was fake but didn't really care - It is kinda a soap opera true, but it's a little more exciting - When's the last time you've watched General Hospital/Eastenders/<insert crap here> and seen something with more action than words and undepressing?

Nowadays, I rarely watch it - Not because it's fake but because it's all been done before. JBL and his Cabinet? Give me DX any day

But yeah, Rowdy Roddy Piper would be a decent one to watch, and the Women's Championship goes without saying

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati
    But yeah, Rowdy Roddy Piper would be a decent one to watch, and the Women's Championship goes without saying
    ....so there's my logic in wanting to see them.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12