Thread: Can you get corrupt files...

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    If you try to down load them all at once. What i mean is i had all eight going at once in grabit. I down loaded the brutus version of blade trinity from alt.binaries.movies.divx. And when i went to extract the first .rar for the first part of the film i found that the second .rar file was missing and it`s not in the list. So then i went to extract the second part of the film and there was a bout eight corrupt .rar files.

I know it `s not a good start to my newsgroup career but i could get used to it as the speeds are great.

Please help as i`m a total noob but afraid to admit it.

P.s can you add the newsgroup when you do search or is it just whats on your server list. By the way i`m on NTL.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Retired
    You need to use PAR2 files to fix it

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=87799

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    If you try to down load them all at once. What i mean is i had all eight going at once in grabit. I down loaded the brutus version of blade trinity from alt.binaries.movies.divx. And when i went to extract the first .rar for the first part of the film i found that the second .rar file was missing and it`s not in the list. So then i went to extract the second part of the film and there was a bout eight corrupt .rar files.

I know it `s not a good start to my newsgroup career but i could get used to it as the speeds are great.

Please help as i`m a total noob but afraid to admit it.

P.s can you add the newsgroup when you do search or is it just whats on your server list. By the way i`m on NTL.

Im on NTL as well, i susgest you dropyour connections down to 3 or 4, you'll still get full speeds but less chance of a file getting fucked. Also with the post there will be some PAR2 files, grab them all and download a program called Quickpar. Open the first par2 file (the smallest one) with Quickpar and let it repair.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Well thankyou very very very much chaps. I downloaded everything again and used the par tool and hey presto it fixed it.I must be l33t now.1111!!!1111

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    did you try to 'retry' downloading the missing/corrupt files?
    I've had file not download on the 'first pass' that did download by my choosing 'retry'

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaZu
    did you try to 'retry' downloading the missing/corrupt files?
    I've had file not download on the 'first pass' that did download by my choosing 'retry'
    I redownloaded it again but downloaded everything alse as well associated with it. Then used the par tool and it fixed it.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by enoughfakefiles
    Well thankyou very very very much chaps. I downloaded everything again and used the par tool and hey presto it fixed it.I must be l33t now.1111!!!1111
    hehehe, PAR files rawk dont they?
    i seriously cant see why more networks or peers dont utilize them