Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything I nead to be careful about if im running emule+ & bittorent at same

Is there anything I nead to be careful about if im running emule+ and azureus(bittorrent) at the same time?
    Like to make both go and good speeds?

thaknx

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    leaving enough upstream free for ACKnowledgments

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    what does "leaving enough upstream free for ACKnowledgments" meen? I have a dsl connection and when i only used azureus(bittorrent) if i set a maximum upload to 34-38 kbps it went smoothly. so how should i adjust bittorent and emule?
    thankx (i new at this)

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    then set both to 10-15

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Nothing special to do. As with any client a good rule of thumb is to set your upload and download max at 80-90% of the total capable speed.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Unless you have a really fast connection, I cant really see the benfits of having them both running at the same time

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh!
    Unless you have a really fast connection, I cant really see the benfits of having them both running at the same tiime
    I've got a fast connection and sometimes I've had 3 different p2p programs going at the same time and got good speeds out of all 3. It's not a problem as long as you've got a fast dsl or cable connection and of course a lot of sources.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Joakim Agren's Avatar Superman loves P2P

Laugh

Hello!

I oposes running different P2P protocols at the same time as it is a form of Leeching!!

If you want to use BitTorrent or ED2K I think it is important that you share as much bandwidth as you can for individual shares/downloads. Meaning if you download for instance a movie over BT the other people in that swarm should have all your power when it comes to bandwidth(80-90% of your total upload bandwidth)!. If you have to many downloads/uploads going on at the same time you are hurting individual swarms by not providing all that you have.

Remember!

Sharing is good just not to much of it at the same time unless you have some sort of superline connection!!

You can set up a scheme one day with BT another with ED2k or half the day BT and the other half ED2K. Just not all at the same time!!

Sincerely Joakim Agren!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    It seems by an extension of your philosophy, people who have slow connections in general shouldn't be using P2P software since they can't devote as much upstream as those with faster connections. I think the whole point of P2P is that you share what you can when you can.

Yes it would be ideal if everyone could pipe up at least as fast as they could pull down, but most ISP's don't allow for that. Not only that, but not al P2P networks give you access to all of the same things (as far as I've found).

Just a forum n00bz 2 cents though

Blaidd

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd
    It seems by an extension of your philosophy, people who have slow connections in general shouldn't be using P2P software since they can't devote as much upstream as those with faster connections. I think the whole point of P2P is that you share what you can when you can.

Yes it would be ideal if everyone could pipe up at least as fast as they could pull down, but most ISP's don't allow for that. Not only that, but not al P2P networks give you access to all of the same things (as far as I've found).

Just a forum n00bz 2 cents though

Blaidd
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast