Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs

Poster
    Lagers my drug

Now..... where did I put that needle??

2. Lounge   -   #12
    I did drugs for a year or so, skunk, hash, weed, white widow etc, I'm clean now.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Originally posted by Nightwolf^.`.^@7 April 2003 - 01:45
    I'm amazed. So far the non-drug users out weigh the addicts! That's pretty rare in this day and age. For the record, I draw the line at alcohol too. At least a hangover only lasts one day.
    Ouch! This one's run into a second day.

Tequila is nasty...

4. Lounge   -   #14
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    sex is my drug... lol

alcohol used to be... but i have cut way back after a night with a public intox ticket, and a trip to pokey over night.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    I would probably drink more, but I figuared something that doesn't have any physical evidence of ever killing anyone is better then something that can kill you in one sitting.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Drugs are great! We must have alot of younger users on these boards. College will change your opinions on drugs and alcohol. B)
    Proud member of MDS

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Ex-member
    Drugs are great!
    Explain? I don't see much in the way of advantages apart from the temporary high.

In contrast, I see many disadvantages:
    1) They are addictive - there's no way out if you go too far.
    2) They are expensive - get addicted and they'll take up all of your disposable income and then some.
    3) They are illegal - usage will get you into trouble with the police.
    4) They are very unhealthy and will ruin your body and your mind.
    5) They kill - we lost two guys in our year at school at the ages of 15 and then 17. Guess what? They ODed.
    6) They leave you depressed - after the high, you'll end up lower than ever.
    7) They mark you as being on the bottom of the social pile - everyone looks down on junkies.
    8) They make you stink. More.
    9) They massively lower your chances of being successful with members of the opposite sex (it's difficult to chat people up when you're pissed or stoned).

and last but not least:

10) Some drugs (including those in cigarettes) artificially accelerate the aging process of the male sexual organ, ie. they shrink your penis.

Remember the words of Mr. Mackie: "drugs are bad, mmmkay?"
    They're illegal for a reason - they're bad for you!

8. Lounge   -   #18
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    College will change your opinions on drugs and alcohol.
    Ok Jibbler...you think drugs and booze are great? Well then...

As I'm in Lamsey's class at school, we've both lost those 2 guys and it was hard to think that those same people who had been walking about school and talking to us are now DEAD - thanks to drugs.

Now, I was born into one of Glasgow's poorest areas and i currrently live in a slightly better area. Kids are bored and do drugs and alcohol as a way of escaping everything. I have seen this first hand. I must have lost at least 5 people that i grew up with to drugs already - and i'm only 17!

Alcohol...I may be underage but I've had a few drinks in my time...but too much is definately not good...trust me, it's no fun living with an alcoholic.

Take it from someone who lives in a drink/drugs culture - DON'T DO IT!!!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Alcohol...I may be underage but I've had a few drinks in my time...but too much is definately not good...trust me, it's no fun living with an alcoholic.

Alcohol is a big problem here. We have a lot of pot heads, and there has been a large increase in meth labs, but at least 1 person dies from alcohol poisoning everymonth, and thats just ones that made the local news, there are others who don't get media attention.
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Originally posted by Lamsey@7 April 2003 - 16:16
    Drugs are great!
    Explain? I don't see much in the way of advantages apart from the temporary high.

In contrast, I see many disadvantages:
    1) They are addictive - there's no way out if you go too far.
    2) They are expensive - get addicted and they'll take up all of your disposable income and then some.
    3) They are illegal - usage will get you into trouble with the police.
    4) They are very unhealthy and will ruin your body and your mind.
    5) They kill - we lost two guys in our year at school at the ages of 15 and then 17. Guess what? They ODed.
    6) They leave you depressed - after the high, you'll end up lower than ever.
    7) They mark you as being on the bottom of the social pile - everyone looks down on junkies.
    8) They make you stink. More.
    9) They massively lower your chances of being successful with members of the opposite sex (it's difficult to chat people up when you're pissed or stoned).

and last but not least:

10) Some drugs (including those in cigarettes) artificially accelerate the aging process of the male sexual organ, ie. they shrink your penis.

Remember the words of Mr. Mackie: "drugs are bad, mmmkay?"
    They're illegal for a reason - they're bad for you!
    I get your point but have a few points I disagree with:

1) Not ALL drugs are addictive. Where's your evidence to support this ridiculous claim?

2) Drugs are NOT that expensive. Ecstacy used to be £20 a pop now it's £3. How can that be getting more expensive?

3) Not all mind altering substances are illegal!!

4) Some drugs are actually beneficial. Why do you think we have pharmacies?

5) NATURAL SELECTION!! Sad but true.

6) Some drugs are used to cure depression, but you're right after the high comes the low.

7) Not all drug users are junkies. Some are very successful people. You can't tar everybody with the same brush!!

8) See above answer.

9) Crap, Cocaine makes you more confident ( in the short term!! ) but has bad long term effects!!

10) Where's your proof? Do you going round inspecting drug users cocks? You need another hobby!!

Drugs are illegal for a number of reasons. Being harmful is pretty far down the list. If public safety was an issue the Government would ban Alcohol and Tobacco tomorrow!!

Don't be so narrow minded in your opinion of drug users, not everyone lives like Trainspotting!! Not all drug users are scruffy, unkempt, stinking junkies!!

I have no real objection to drugs myself. Adults should be able to decide what to put into their own bodies and not treated like children by some "Nanny State".

I thought Mr.Mackie enjoyed LSD and the whole drug scene. Or was I stoned when I watched South Park?
    Signature removed

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast