Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Sketch Show

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i think we had one called "the sketch show" and it was shit
    yeah, that was bollocks got the first ep of this new one d/l now

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Some sketches require a bit of dialogue, like the one with the irish jockey, or the one buying the 'special' bus ticket. But some of them are so dumb and obvious its just a ripoff of monty pyton. Another great sketch format, this one in animation, is Robot Chicken.. awsome

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by puscifer
    Some sketches require a bit of dialogue, like the one with the irish jockey, or the one buying the 'special' bus ticket. But some of them are so dumb and obvious its just a ripoff of monty pyton. Another great sketch format, this one in animation, is Robot Chicken.. awsome
    How is it a rip of Monty Python?

Did they take Monty's material?
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-06-2005 at 06:48 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    How is it a rip of Monty Python?

Did they take Monty's material?
    They most certainly did! hnoez:

I don’t believe this poo

Just downloaded and watched the Pilot to this and not only does it star one of the tossers from the British version this is based on, it has the same jokes ffs!

I hated the original, didn’t see many episodes, about three. And from the 15 mins and 23 seconds i could stand of this, I noticed at least 5 of the exact same sketches, with the same bloke And it’s even stealing the same jokes from Monty Python as the original

They better not be marketing this as an original, it’s the equivalent of watching the US version of The Office

Might help if they had some actual comedians too, has poor old Mr Kelsey really been reduced to this? He used to be so good :earlyseasonsofcheers:

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    They most certainly did! hnoez:

I don’t believe this poo

Just downloaded and watched the Pilot to this and not only does it star one of the tossers from the British version this is based on, it has the same jokes ffs!

I hated the original, didn’t see many episodes, about three. And from the 15 mins and 23 seconds i could stand of this, I noticed at least 5 of the exact same sketches, with the same bloke And it’s even stealing the same jokes from Monty Python as the original

They better not be marketing this as an original, it’s the equivalent of watching the US version of The Office

Might help if they had some actual comedians too, has poor old Mr Kelsey really been reduced to this? He used to be so good :earlyseasonsofcheers:
    Damn so this is a remake.

Well, either way the episodes I saw were funny as hell. I did notice a British fella on the show.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Yeah, Lee Mack. He has the same role really as he does on the original – he was also teh funniest out of the original to some extent

Definitely a remake, no question about it

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Yeah, Lee Mack. He has the same role really as he does on the original – he was also teh funniest out of the original to some extent

Definitely a remake, no question about it
    I have no problem with remakes as long as they are good.

The American version makes laugh and that's all that's needed for me.

I even watched another episode of The Office (American version) and that particular episode was funny.

I hated the first episode with a passion. I think the one I liked was good 'cause it didn't focus as much on that dweeb main character.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-08-2005 at 07:29 PM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Definitely nothing wrong with (good) remakes, which is exactly what the uber hawt Battlestar Galactica remake proved - Can’t wait for S2 which is a 20something episode order

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Definitely nothing wrong with (good) remakes, which is exactly what the uber hawt Battlestar Galactica remake proved - Can’t wait for S2 which is a 20something episode order
    It is set for June.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Forgive me but I just don't find the show funny at all. Seems to me most of the jokes are pretty stale. But maybe i'm just getting old.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast