Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Files 2 Gets Closer

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    David Duchovny told SCI FI Wire that he, Gillian Anderson and Chris Carter are on board for a second feature film based on their hit TV series The X-Files and that the project is inching toward becoming a reality. Carter would write and produce, while Duchovny and Anderson would reprise their respective roles as FBI special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. "As far I know we're all getting very close to saying that it would be shooting sometime early next year," Duchovny said in an interview while promoting his latest film, House of D, a drama that he directed. "So it's much closer to being a reality than in the last couple of years."

We also know for sure (due to previously released info) that the film will be a standalone, so that n00bs can pick it up quickly with no problems. It’s also intended to be Mulder & Scully central, although Carter does want Doggett & Reyes included.

It’ll be interesting to see how they fit all this around 2012, the only reasonable time it could be set before “The Truth” parts 1 and 2 is maybe a few episodes before them. Those were the only ones to have all 4 agents active. And even then Mulder wasn’t working for the FBI in the strictest sense of the word

Plus, with the mess the final two episodes would have left for Mulder & Scully, I’d be surprised if either of them would be able to continue their work on The X Files (though Scully could maybe get away with it).

Also, do you think we’d find out what happened to Kursh? How Mulder could get back on US soil without the people who want him dead succeeding?

There’s just so many question that need to be answered, I hope Carter makes a proper go of it. In fact I’d rather he’d somehow have the film set in an early season, 3 or 4 maybe (if he can make the duo look young enough) instead of ignoring important questions. It would be nice to have a little bit more closure.

He’ll probably think of a clever way to have a standalone and answer questions without them interfering with the plot.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I hope this one is good 'cause the first one wasn't all that and I'm an X-Files fan.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    The first one rawx0rd with teh luv!!111 - imo it did anyway, because it was mythology heavy, and preferring that just a little bit more to standalone, the film came across as excellent

The look on some peoples faces when they came out of the cinema saying “wtf?”

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    The first one rawx0rd with teh luv!!111 - imo it did anyway, because it was mythology heavy, and preferring that just a little bit more to standalone, the film came across as excellent

The look on some peoples faces when they came out of the cinema saying “wtf?”
    Well what I mean is it's not a movie that people talk about too much now and most couldn't tell you what the movie was about.
    It did have some good parts though.

I said it before that I prefer the adventure episodes of the TV show versus the wraparound story. This movie happened to be about the wraparound story.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-04-2005 at 05:10 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yesh!!!11!

I'm hoping for closure too, too much was left unfinished

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    i was a huge xfiles fan, but after season 8 or 9, the one before the last, i stopped watching. i mean i loved gillian, god knows. but without duchovney man it just didnt feel right. i heard the last episode wasnt very good, with dead people coming back and recaps of shit unanswered. i see xfiles are out on dvd, 100 bucks for season 1, it's insanity. i would like to see this movie come out tho, i enjoyed the first one, watched it atleast 20 times. best of luck to them all.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ApacNTS
    i was a huge xfiles fan, but after season 8 or 9, the one before the last, i stopped watching. i mean i loved gillian, god knows. but without duchovney man it just didnt feel right. i heard the last episode wasnt very good, with dead people coming back and recaps of shit unanswered. i see xfiles are out on dvd, 100 bucks for season 1, it's insanity. i would like to see this movie come out tho, i enjoyed the first one, watched it atleast 20 times. best of luck to them all.
    Yep X-Files has been out on disc for years.

It shouldn't cost $100 though.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    They should just use the premise for the movie and do a whole new series. Not that Carter has been much busy anyways..

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    I think we all know that a new movie would be a complete success if it stared me and the delightful Agent Scully, and they got rid of that Mulder completely, Or maybe made him my sidekick.

My show would also get picked up for a second season fo’sure, I’m sure they could write me back in somehow, via this dead people talking link.
    "Sure, baby. My Kung Fu is the best"

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Frohike
    I think we all know that a new movie would be a complete success if it stared me and the delightful Agent Scully, and they got rid of that Mulder completely, Or maybe made him my sidekick.

My show would also get picked up for a second season fo’sure, I’m sure they could write me back in somehow, via this dead people talking link.
    Hey Doohicky, why are you talking like you are an actor or something and not actually Arcadia?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast