Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Damn Am I Late!!!

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

Urgent

I'm just finding out that Vanilla Sky is a remake.

Both versions had Penelope Cruz playing the same character ffs.
    Last edited by Busyman; 04-09-2005 at 05:03 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    leeferdude's Avatar Walking Dumbass
    I have yet to see Vanilla Sky...or the remake...

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I walked out of the theaters halfway through the movie.....along with 3 quaters of the rest of the people

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    I walked out of the theaters halfway through the movie.....along with 3 quaters of the rest of the people
    so u actually paid for it ?

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    for ffs
    Surely you mean ffs or for fs.

I havent seen either of them. Heard something about a remake but didnt pay any attention to it.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    i dont get how people can do that. if the movie looks interesting i go watch it, and if it doesnt i dont, and while im watching the movie its not that good, i dont just leave, cause...i dunno, just seems stupid.

did you at least maybe sneak into another theater and watch some other movie?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    are you serious?I love'd this movie.Maybe my top 10 fav movies.At the end i almost cry'd :crying:

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Whilst I have a lot of respect for the original content that Hollywood does produce I wish they'd stop remaking already excellent movies. Learn to read the subtitles...

Ringu
    Oldboy
    Abre los ojos
    Der Himmel über Berlin
    Fever Pitch (!?)

Like the film is never as good as the book, the remake is never as good as the original.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCHeshPants420
    Whilst I have a lot of respect for the original content that Hollywood does produce I wish they'd stop remaking already excellent movies. Learn to read the subtitles...

Ringu
    Oldboy
    Abre los ojos
    Der Himmel über Berlin
    Fever Pitch (!?)

Like the film is never as good as the book, the remake is never as good as the original.
    That's an old cliche that ain't always true. Usually when people say this they are shooting shit (or haven't seen the original and/or the remake).

Ringu was not as good as The Ring
    Abre los ojos (Open Your Eyes) was not as good as Vanilla Sky. (however they both sucked)
    Oldboy (I didn't even know of a remake)
    Der HimmelWhateverthefuck (neva hoid uv it)
    Fever Pitch (never saw either and probably wouldn't care for either, is that a Drew Barrymore movie?)
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    MCHeshPants420's Avatar Fake Shemp
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    That's an old cliche that ain't always true. Usually when people say this they are shooting shit (or haven't seen the original and/or the remake).

Ringu was not as good as The Ring
    Abre los ojos (Open Your Eyes) was not as good as Vanilla Sky. (however they both sucked)
    Oldboy (I didn't even know of a remake)
    Der HimmelWhateverthefuck (neva hoid uv it)
    Fever Pitch (never saw either and probably wouldn't care for either, is that a Drew Barrymore movie?)
    Aside from the remake of Oldboy* (which isn't out until next year) I have seen all the films listed and their remakes. So what is your point?

You, on the other hand, haven't even heard of some of the films on my list so it's you that is "shooting shit". I can form on an opinion based on, wait for it, the fact that I've seen them...

I have yet, in my experience, to see a remake of a foreign film by Hollywood that is in any way superior to the source material. Glossier maybe but not better.

*Don't get me wrong though I would love for the remake of this great film to be the wasp's tits. I really would.
    Last edited by MCHeshPants420; 04-09-2005 at 04:39 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast