Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: can't share files between 2 computers....

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    ignore my earlier post.....i got it working now.....really nice.

Can i share printer, DVD burner also?

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Ok so by using Remote Adminstrator program...I can remotely work from computer 2(the one with wireless internet)...but when i try to connect from computer 1, so that i can remotely work in computer 2, its not connecting. Its giving me an error....doesn't ask for password either........

So from computer 2, I can work remotely on computer 1...
    But,
    for computer 1, I can't work remotely on computer 2.....

Why is that so? Please help
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-10-2005 at 01:11 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    sam, try this:Login as Administrator or an account with Administrative privileges

Turn-off simple File Sharing: In the Windows Explorer, Tools, View, uncheck Use simple file sharing (Recommended).

In the Windows Explorer, Right click the Folder of file you wish to share, Sharing and security…, select Share this folder, give it a share name without a $ or “funny” characters in it, add any desired comment, click Permissions, Remove or configure the group Everyone as desired, click Add, Advanced, Find Now, select desired groups, configure the new groups, Apply,click YES if prompted about changing the share.

this worked for me, but I had windows 2000,home xp and xp pro on 3 machines
    make sure all are same workgroup and names of pc's are correct on each machine...if you connect, you can add printer as a network printer...good luck..have fun.
    this has some added help http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040
    Last edited by kazaa2002; 04-10-2005 at 02:37 AM. Reason: found url...add url for reference

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    lynx's Avatar .
    If you can't get Remote Administrator to work, try UltraVNC, I've used this for months without a single problem.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Ok so by using Remote Adminstrator program...I can remotely work from computer 2(the one with wireless internet)...but when i try to connect from computer 1, so that i can remotely work in computer 2, its not connecting. Its giving me an error....doesn't ask for password either........

So from computer 2, I can work remotely on computer 1...
    But,
    for computer 1, I can't work remotely on computer 2.....

Why is that so? Please help
    Ensure the IP address is correct for each one...

For example,

PC 1 = 192.168.1.1
    PC 2 = 192.168.1.2

I don't know how yours is set up though so just ensure the IP addresses are correct.

If you got it set right, you'll get the password screen come up. Good idea is to ensure that the password is the same on both computers.

Also if you have these all done correctly and it still doesn't work, go to the other PC and do the following...

Start > All Programs > Remote Administrator > START REMOTE SERVER

It could be off, but do the above before trying this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123