Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: can't share files between 2 computers....

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    xx MESSAGE EDITED xxx

I need help creating networking between 2 computers so that i can share files....any step by step guide will be awesome.

Thanks,
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-08-2005 at 06:44 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    pm me your email address. i'll sort you out with a nice app that'll do it no problem. i only got it last week and i love it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    pm me your email address. i'll sort you out with a nice app that'll do it no problem. i only got it last week and i love it
    If it's not too big, why not zip it and attach it to your post, unless it is copyrighted.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Or atleast let us know what program it is

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai
    OK i have pm'd u with my email address...
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-08-2005 at 11:31 PM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    kazaa2002's Avatar lost
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    I need help creating networking between 2 computers so that i can share files....any step by step guide will be awesome.

Thanks,
    if you have xp
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304040

reference source...since we do not know if you are using a single wire
    a router or wireless router , here is some ideas and help.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/
    Last edited by kazaa2002; 04-09-2005 at 12:19 AM. Reason: missed adding 2nd url sorry...

it is the small things that usually drive us mad

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I have adsl moderm and wireless router (Netgear).....one has wireless internet (second pc) and one has internet comming from adsl moderm through router (first pc) ...

funny thing is....both computers can share internet but for some reason can't file share.......
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-09-2005 at 05:50 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What have you tried so far?

Have you run the Network setup wizard on both PCs?

Is the Workgroup name of both computers the same?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    What have you tried so far?

Have you run the Network setup wizard on both PCs?

Is the Workgroup name of both computers the same?
    answer to both the questions is YES.

On my second PC (wireless internet) I have created a network by using Network wizard, Settings are exactly as below:

SELECT A CONNECTION METHOD:
    - This computer connects to the internet through a residential gateway or through another computer on my network (This settings is same on both computers)

GIVE THIS COMPUTER A DESCRIPTION AND NAME:
    (For second PC with wireless internet connection)
    Computer description: GamePC
    Computer name: GAMMINGPC

(For first PC which is connected via router--->ADSL modem)
    Computer description: MainPC
    Computer name: MAINCOMPUTER

NAME YOUR NETWORK:
    - Workgroup name: MSHOME (This setting is same for both computers)

FILE AND PRINTER SHARING:
    - Turn on file and printer sharing (This setting is same for both computers)

And finally I rebooted both computers once the network setup wizard was done.

Now after reboot, I can see on my first computer (MainPC) that a network folder is created when i click on "My network Places"
    But when I check "My Network Places" on second PC (Wireless interent) then i don't see any folder or anything...its blank.

I can't file share but can share internet.....
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-09-2005 at 06:17 AM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Guys if you remember I had the same problem a while back and everything I had done was as it should be. In fact, a member of this forum actually came to my house to check it out himself, and concluded by all accounts it should be working too.

My setup was near enough the same as sameer0807's. 2 PC's both connected to same ADSL Modem (Linksys WAG54G) & all workgroups and logon name's were the same.

I spent the best part of a month trying to get this to work and XP just wasn't having any of it. Finally, a good friend of mine recommended RADMIN to me and it performs above and beyond what I ask of it. It's very similar to Laplink (if anyone used that app).

In any case, I am now able to FTP, TELNET and gain full control over the other PC with no trouble whatsoever.

If I use it to connect to another PC on, say the Internet for example I am limited to my upload bandwidth. With a LAN, I am limited to speeds set by the CAT-5 cable
    I've already transferred a couple of GB's in minutes.

Again, if anyone is after the link for this app, pm me with your email address and I'll send you a link.

Word of warning though.

As it is a REMOTE ADMIN APPLICATION, some AV's WILL detect this program / and or files associated with it as being a virus/trojan which although partially correct, is still safe. This is a legitimate tool. For Symantec's Security Response on this click on this link... http://securityresponse.symantec.com...cc.radmin.html

Remacc.Radmin is a component of the remote control software, Remote Administrator.

Remote Administrator is a legitimate remote administration software. However, some of its components can be used for malicious purposes, as it allows a hacker to control a user's computer. Therefore, Remacc.Radmin may constitute a security threat.
    Samurai

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast