Thread: ccapp.exe and xp shutting down

Josh's Avatar QX9650 @ 4.02Ghz
    Hi,

When i have finished with my pc i go to shut down and when i have selected shut down the closing program screen comes up trying to shut down ccapp.exe (Norton Anti Virus) and then that goes and pc stays the same. I try to open a program and it says Windows is in Shut Down procedures so i have to manual shit down with turning power off. Windows XP is fully up to date as in my norton things. Plz help

BTW i do not want to hear all this bullshit about get rid of norton i have been thru all this before norton is my choice dont bother trying to change it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Reinstall Norton then , or go to add/remove norton click on change and repair. I'v had this problem . Or try a tweak that lets windows shut down programs that are not responding .

Link: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...av&svy=&csm=no
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-09-2005 at 04:53 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i will see how it goes thanks for the help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    BTW i do not want to hear all this bullshit about get rid of norton i have been thru all this before norton is my choice dont bother trying to change it.
    OK then I'll just laugh then. Seriously GL.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I know what u lot are like about norton so i knew it all would be said so had to tell you not to.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Ok well the problem still there i did full unistall and reinstall and problem came up again any more tips

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Buy a new computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Norton Website
    If you have the latest program updates and you still get this message, then follow the steps in the document Deleting Windows temporary files to clear the Windows temp folder and then shut down the computer again.

If clearing the temp folder does not fix the problem, then, when you see the message, wait a minute or two for Windows to close. If Windows does not close the application in that time, then click End Now and allow the shutdown process to continue.
    If that doesnt work then your Norton is not up to date as the problem was fixed a few updates ago. Either way your best solution would to be to uninstall Norton then, leave it uninstalled.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 04-17-2005 at 11:15 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Well its all up to date and the end process box closes straight away on its own. But then windows takes ages ot shut down and just stops on logging off screen and stays there sometimes ccapp does it and sometimes doesnt when it doesnt everything shuts down fine. But my norton is all up to date i tried all that temp stuff and no difference.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Mabye try Symantec corp .? I pointed this out to a new friend on here and he was happy .

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t83610-.html

Vb had a link aswell , check it out .
    Last edited by peat moss; 04-19-2005 at 02:52 AM.