Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty 2 Announced

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    my friend is a beta tester
    Does he know when DOD Source will be completed? Me and my friend have been waiting forever for DOD Source.

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by trajillo
    my friend is a beta tester

Yeah, and im the king of the world.

3. Games   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    limited yes. but go and find another game like this on the market, the only that comes close is FSW, which btw doesn't really let you shoot the gun . BiA is an awesome game, and as formula pointed out, it really immerses you into the game, something that unfornately CoD couldn't do, i mean the whole "1 man army" thing gets old, especially when it's on WWII (thanks a lot EA). i'm looking forward to CoD2 in hopes of immersiveness and better squad tactics then BiA.

edit: and the whole "no crosshairs"...simply brilliant. (i'm well aware that you can in fact turn on the crosshairs in BiA and other games also have a feature where you can turn em on/off, but BiA is the first game that actually utilizes this and really immerses you into the game, at one point i actually was scared to move my character to dodge some MG42 fire thinking to myself "hmmm, will i be able to hit the guy 100 feet away from me w/ this thompson w/o having to go into ironsight view? [so i sent one of my other guys ])
    the shooting is a bit too realistic. i reckon an m1 garand or whatever the US rifle is can hit someone from more than 3 metres away

and why is it so hard to believe someones a beta tester. me and my brother beta tested windows XP and all he had to do was fill out a form with his name and address to get 15 6-month licenses.

DOD beta is probably one of the perks of the gold package

4. Games   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

and why is it so hard to believe someones a beta tester. me and my brother beta tested windows XP and all he had to do was fill out a form with his name and address to get 15 6-month licenses.

DOD beta is probably one of the perks of the gold package

Last i heard DOD:S was only being internally beta tested because valve thought it would get pirated.

5. Games   -   #15
    faidos then, i actually checked the gold package and it said you don't get DOD until it's properly released.

do valve really expect us to go out and buy hl2:gold just to play this?

6. Games   -   #16
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    the shooting is a bit too realistic. i reckon an m1 garand or whatever the US rifle is can hit someone from more than 3 metres away
    3 meteres? wow, get your facts straight buddy and go out and shoot an m1 garand and see how hard it is to hit a target more than 10 meters away. if you have difficulty shooting a target (game or real life) that is 3 meters away from waist height, you seriously have some problems. ironsights are a must for targets more than 10 meters away.

as for being too realistic? wtf ? isn't that the point it's the most realistic WWII fps out? nothing can be too realistic, lol you crack me up.
    Last edited by cpt_azad; 04-12-2005 at 10:30 PM.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Games   -   #17
    i use aim down the sight.

maybe its cos i don't play on easy and use trainers or cheats

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    isn't that the point it's the most realistic WWII fps out? nothing can be too realistic, lol you crack me up.
    is it being realistic a good thing, no wonder the world, and mainly America is so happy to go off to war.

9. Games   -   #19
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i use aim down the sight.

maybe its cos i don't play on easy and use trainers or cheats
    ok? aim down the sights (ironsights) and u have a hard time hitting something farther than 3 meters? wow, i feel sorry for you man. i beat the game on hard and authentic on xbox (so no cheats) and i've fired rifles used in WWII, i've yet to fire a garand, but the enfield 7's are almost the same and trust me, they're easy to fire and they travel far and are accurate.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

10. Games   -   #20
    well 3 metres was a blatant exageration but if they're more than say 7 metres you'd be lucky to kill them with one clip. that might just be the pc version mind. the consoles probably have some auto-aim carp.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast