Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: A View Bearing on Judicial Activism in the U.S.

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    The Human Race has never followed the Prime Directive and never will, except by not invading Denmark for the 100 years or so it had a standing army of only 7... Maybe we were still wary of that Viking Heritage then

We know we shouldnt, but theres always a smart arse around that does anyway.. fully justifying his right to interfere in the internal affairs of others, whilst defending like a lunatic the right to do what the f*ck he wants where he is; without anyone else criticising.

Hmmm, bet i get told that that was anti-american... and i wasnt even thinking of USA when i wrote it
    The UK is surely the biggest breacher of the directive, how many cultures have we interfered with or destroyed. The majority of which was to steal assets, at least in more recent times.

The sun never sets .... and so forth.

We now have the type of people who would have supported this "foreign policy" crying foul at European integration and other cultures forming part of our everyday life in the UK.

It's obviously OK when one is the imperialist, but a bad thing when one sees oneself as the oppressed minority. Twas ever so.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. The Drawing Room   -   #62
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

One nation, one language, one Constitution.

I found out today something that I didn't know.... English IS NOT the official language of the USA.

In fact the USA has no "official" language.

Wish I knew that in the debate we had a while back

source

another source
    they did try though
    Last edited by vidcc; 04-18-2005 at 11:27 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    It is quite apparent that English is not the official language of the USA. Why would anyone ever have thoughten otherwise.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #64
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    I found out today something that I didn't know.... English IS NOT the official language of the USA.

In fact the USA has no "official" language.

Wish I knew that in the debate we had a while back

source

another source
    they did try though

I was led to understand that the USA does not have any official language. Individual states have an official language. The most of them opting for English or conforming according to Federal Statute. In another ten or so years their version of English will be unrecognisable to academics anyway. What the hell is a Xing.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #65
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Interestingly Aluminum was the original spelling. The English scientific community didn't like it, coz' it didn't fit in with things like sodium, magnesium, calcium, lithium or whatever, so the "i" was added, twixt the "n" and the "u".

6. The Drawing Room   -   #66
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    I was led to understand that the USA does not have any official language. Individual states have an official language. The most of them opting for English or conforming according to Federal Statute. In another ten or so years their version of English will be unrecognisable to academics anyway. What the hell is a Xing.
    Not all states have opted for an official langauge yet, and it goes well with the "one nation one language" bit hobbes wrote....

It was just something i found interesting, and would have been better had i known in the other debate

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567