Thread: Low ID

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Before you all want me to read the FAQ I understand how I get low id's with emule but this is different(probably should be in another topic tbh)I've had emule set up and running for ages on my pc and set it up with zonealarm but since I got a wireless router from wanadoo I seem to be getting low id on my main pc, as far as I'm aware the wireless reuter does'nt have any form of firewall and I set thing up with a cd that came with it so did'nt have anything to do with the setting up of the network other than putting in the disc, is there anything I need to change now with connecting through a wireless network?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    The wireless router ha proably changed the Ports you are using, Emule sees that as a limitation to your availability

3. File Sharing   -   #3

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    HHmmm I don't know where to check to see what type of router I have, The one I use was supplied by my isp but I would Imagine that there made by another company???
    http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/talk.h...nternet_access

Any1 saw one like this before? BTW My main pc where emule is installed where I do my filesharing is connected to the router through an ethernet cable I use the wireless for my laptop, would this make a difference?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    I hate my router firewall..... Can't deactivate it though. well, i can but my dad says it not a good idea. I agree with him.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Yeah I'm a router noob myself I've only just realised that my router has a firewall I managed to determine that the actual router is made for wanadoo by Inventel I can't actually get a proper part number because the sticker just says wanadoo where the model number should be but I've found that I can access the routers settings like a web page, does any1 know which settings would help my emule id?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Its ok I sorted it just needed more beer.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    yeah the so called live box, it comes from our country, that's kinda crap, I had always disconections,I finally switch to a classic router, and it's working great. Many people have problems with this live box. If you have problems with it you might have a look on french forums too, if you can get any french.
    Last edited by leonidas; 04-24-2005 at 12:08 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    To be fair to wanadoo and wireless and talk I as yet have had np with it, I get 900+ from tests on various adsl speed test sites on both my laptop and desktop so fingers crossed I hope it stays that was

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    well if your instalation works well for about a week then you shoulnt have any problems on the future, the point is that I didn't know a lot about rooting myself, and the french wanadoo hotline is like a joke so I have just bring back the router.
    actually I've still got several disconections a day, but my new router reconects automaticaly, (wanadoo's router didn't). Also the usb conection wasn't working well, so it was a bit too much.