Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: FindNot.com

Yeah looks like a upgrade, I reckon the next couple days we'll know for sure
    They may be fixing that reported metropipe thingy error that was posted in April dunno
    The site wouldn't be up if they weren't coming back and no-one would be able to log onto servers thats for damn sure.
    All those errors you just reported are sure signs of a server upgrade or maintence.
    BTW agree this is a great forum and the only reason I found it was cause findnot went down

2. File Sharing   -   #72
    Hi everybody !

Also glad that I found this forum filled with nice people "because" of FindNot !

FindNot isn't working for me yet but I'm now much more confident on the future of this service.

Will has always been pretty helpful to me in the past (I'm on Mac) and therefore I ask you to be tolerant with him. They may have had a serious and unprevisible problem that have prevented them contacting us.

Bachus

3. File Sharing   -   #73
    I would appreciate any reports of successful connections to findnot. I think it would be reassuring to us all if we knew that at least some can connect.

It would be helpful if you provided connection details -- whether you connected to VPN, or via SSH, which server number -- e.g. VPN 29, when did you last connect -- recently, yesterday, etc., for how long were you able to stay connected, etc.

Any words along these lines would be helpful. I am still unable to connect at all, and all attempts to contact support go unanswered.

4. File Sharing   -   #74
    Time Navagator
    I'm currently using Findnot's server 29 via my normal VPN connection, Somefrog - although it's the only server I'm able to connect to right now and it is SLOW at times. Guess others are finding it as well - and by posting it here, will probably slow down more?

I've been using Network Activity Sniffer to verify the connection and so far its been 100%.

Hope their others servers are brought-up soon - but it looks good to me.

IRT

5. File Sharing   -   #75
    Good news IRT, thank you so very much. You have renewed my hope, and probably the hope of all those others that can not yet connect.

Server 29 does not work for me. on either VPN or SSH, so it is somehow selective. I can connect, but it is still rejecting my password (same story on all the other servers). They must be letting only a select few on the system at the moment.

I do wish they would give us some sort of explanation. The website is up, seems like they could post a message on the servers page as to why we may be having trouble. I like Findnot, but this experience is trying my patience.

6. File Sharing   -   #76
    I's suspect that their mailboxes are FULL after this mess so give it a bit to clear them maybe they are working on fixing the problem and leaving mails to the end??
    I am now on VPN29 and it's working fine, while we are here can someone packet sniff the connection to see if our IP's are being forwarded or is it 100% rock solid anonymous?
    http://www.metropipe.net/advisories.php?id=FN15294
    http://www.metropipe.net/advisories.php?id=FN15398
    Bloody metropipe sounds like removing the competition to me
    Rest assured I'll be having words with Will about this but now isn't the time. I'm more interested in getting my service back
    I miss my findnot waaaahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

7. File Sharing   -   #77
    Hi All !

Just tried to connect and everything works fine.

I tried 6 or 7 servers and all are ok (tunnel and ssh)

It seems also a bit faster than before, maybe because we are the first to use it again so we benefit from all the bandwidth

Regards

Bachus

8. File Sharing   -   #78
    Yes, I just logged on to say that I can now connect to 6 or 7 servers too. Some are still down, but there enough up that I would proclaim that the service is back to normal.

And it does seem a bit faster. Now, the mystery will be, "What happened?".

In any case, I will enjoy the service while we wait to find out. :-)

Thanks to you all for your comments and helpfulness. A very good thread.

9. File Sharing   -   #79
    Sending this through the Malaysia server - back on line at last - although the web site won't let me log on for my emails yet, As a relative non techie, but passionate about privacy, I have been folowing this with interest. Findnot's attempts to get back on line have convinced me that they are not about to close down or run off with our money and after reading all the other posts elsewhere on the web, it seems there is a similarity to them all that looks to me like a concerted attack from their nearest competitor. This is the first forum I have ever joined and I agree with the comment about the "nice people". Now I have to teach myself about packet sniffing .... by the way, has anybody any thoughts on using TOR? I instinctively don't trust anything started by a governement agency - am I wrong?

10. File Sharing   -   #80
    Hi all
    I have been reading and watching the forum and keeping an eye on Findnot. I have only been using Findnot for a month. I tried logging on an hour ago..and voila!! Instant...but....it was awfully slow. I have just tried again and cannot even get into the website..anyone else experience this...are we back to square one?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast