Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FindNot.com

After the demise of Anonx, I was wondering if anyone had tried Findnot and had any opinions on its performance ?

Has anyone gotten their hand slapped for exceeding the bandwidth, how are the speeds, do you trust them etc. There are a few other main proxies out there but the feelin' I get is that anonx and findnot are/were the main 2.

Opinions generally,

Thanks.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    link please

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    findnot.com

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Ive heard mostly good reviews in comparison although the speed may be a lttle slower although I havent tried it myself but would say it sounds worth it if you need that type of service and you can signup for just one month at first to tset it out I guess...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-17-2005 at 05:12 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by FilesAreGood
    findnot.com

http://findnot.com/

Why pay for something you can get for free. I'm sure there's software out that does all that. But it's the sign of the times ,isn't it ? Computer protection is big business now .

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I was using it before I went offline for a few months. Never had any issues with it and no capping of speed or anything. I have about 125 kb down and it will stay maxed with NG's.

You can pick from several servers to go through if you notice any speed issues. Just pick another location.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    [url]Why pay for something you can get for free. I'm sure there's software out that does all that.
    Its not really software based as its server based via vpn thus you go through their server and are only seen as such so nobody knows who you are in theory and only see the IP of the server your on other than them of course if they wanted to I guess...
    Last edited by RealitY; 04-17-2005 at 08:33 AM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Thanks for the info.

The main pain in the ass with proxies is that you can't receive incoming connections limiting users you can connect to. Fine for newsgroups but crap for p2p. Though I probably wouldn't use a proxy on newsgroups as I have reasonable trust in the server I'm gonna sign up to (newshosting).

I've always wondered about this, couldn't the proxy assign a port for each user (assuming that the server you were on had less then ~65535 users), and let you know through the site which port was yours? A kind of proxy port forwarding, we could then set this as our incoming port in out p2p client.

Anyways, I think I might try it out. Their site says there is a cap but after contacting them they say its loosely enforced and really just gives them the right to ask users to stop that are bringing in say 10G a day.

Sad that Anonx is gone though, as Wyatt really was trying to make it p2p friendly, working on the socks proxy and all (I don't think the FindNot one works as well). But I think things went from bad to worse the moment the IP range they were using changed.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    anyone tried this and any recommendations? before end of april please
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    any reviews as of yet?
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast