Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FireTune 1.01

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1

Question Mark

FireTune for Mozilla Firefox v1.x was developed for an easy and fast optimization of your browsing experience with Firefox. Usually you have to optimize Firefox manually, which can be time consuming and difficult for the novice user. FireTune helps you here - it includes all the performance optimizations. The only thing you must do is: make your selection. It does the work for you.

Download
    HomePage
    Last edited by bawa@Klite_user; 04-18-2005 at 02:07 PM.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Giving it a try now. Thanks.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Tried it awhile back... Didnt do much of anything.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Tried it awhile back... Didnt do much of anything.

You might be like me, one that does all the tricks manualy. So you would not see the improvement . But will try this. I love these kinda posts , make my life easier please and thank you, bawa@Klite_user.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    You might be like me, one that does all the tricks manualy. So you would not see the improvement . But will try this. I love these kinda posts , make my life easier please and thank you, bawa@Klite_user.
    Same with me peat moss. I've been using FF since 0.7 so I've applied all the little speed up's but for someone who hasn't touched anything maybe it helps.
    Last edited by davec8; 05-19-2005 at 03:25 AM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by davec8
    Same with me peat moss. I've been using FF since 0.7 so I've applied all the little speed up's but for someone who hasn't touched anything maybe it helps.

Ya davec8 , its knowlge were after . Be it this forum or Firefox 's forum. I like to think we give better info ,or hopefully we try harder ! I like to read everything , act like a sponge ,then decide. Hence why a appreciate these threads so much .

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Yep im one who manually tweaks. These programs are shite.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    davec8's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Yep im one who manually tweaks. These programs are shite.
    How do you know it's shit? Just because you don't need it?

From the Firetune site:
    Usually you have to optimize Firefox manually, which can be time consuming and difficult for the novice user. FireTune helps you here - it includes all the performance optimizations.
    And from one of the reviews:
    there is in fact an extensive thread on the official Firefox forums telling people what settings can be tweaked and what they will do. The author of FireTune has taken all these tweaks and provided us with a handy interface to allow us to apply the changes easily without having to do dirty manual work.

These types of programs are geared towards the type of people who don't have a clue how to get into the guts of a program's settings and admit they're afraid to for fear of a major mistake making it non-functional. It's good for beginners. I'd much rather recommend something like this to someone who's impressed they haven't crashed their comp. in the last 5 minutes than try to go through 20 steps how to edit the "about:config".

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I did need it. Used it, Its a fuckin POS. Saw no difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast