Thread: Argh! God Of War giving problems!

Poster
    I have a backup of God Of War, the game works perfectly up to the part "Bridge to Pandora's Temple" where my PS2 just starts making a weird noise and skipping/freezing/stuttering during cutscenes with that Harpie-Master and most of the game...

All my other games work perfectly and my PS2 was serviced about 4 months ago...

I've made 2 copies of this backup but they all fuck up at the same place...

Any suggestionS?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Are they like games you've downloaded and burned? Does the cd have scratches?

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Game I burnt from the original... No scratches I to my knowledge.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Games   -   #4
    You know the game is DVD9, and if your DVD Writer that made the image (from the original) is only DVD5 compatable it will only read and burn the first 4.3GB and ignore the rest of the data, meaning you will only have copied half the game. Download the scene release which had videos downsampled to fit onto DVD5.

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    You know the game is DVD9, and if your DVD Writer that made the image (from the original) is only DVD5 compatable it will only read and burn the first 4.3GB and ignore the rest of the data, meaning you will only have copied half the game. Download the scene release which had videos downsampled to fit onto DVD5.

No, no... My one friend did that whole thing of extracting the ISO, removing the bonus material, joining everything together etc so it fits on a DVD5...It works fine for him, but the copy doesnt work for me.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

6. Games   -   #6
    His PS2 Lazer > Your PS2 Lazer, if it works for him then its something to do with your PS2.

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    Maybe my DVD got scratched somewhere...All my other games work though, thats the thing.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Games   -   #8
    Wait, you just said that the exact same disc that fucks up for your works perfectly on your friends PS2, making the disc the problem impossible and almost certainly pointing out that your PS2 is infact fucked.

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    No no, he has a copy of the original, I have a copy of his copy.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

10. Games   -   #10
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    No no, he has a copy of the original, I have a copy of his copy.
    then try his disk, or let him try yours