Thread: hmm

Aurora's Avatar Say CHEEEEEEEESS
    What is the best way to burn .avi movies to DVD, without changing their size, so I can burn more movies on one dvd. I use Nero and I was burning them as data, but some have problems.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    What problems?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    What problems?
    I was going to say...I do this all the time and have no problems

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I have like 30 DVDs (4 to 6 movies each) and suddenly they don’t want to work! First I thought it is my cd-dvd, but yesterday I tried some of the DVDs in someone else’s computer and the problem was same. If I try to watch the movie from the DVD it just stops every two seconds, it doesn’t work if you try to watch from the middle, just keeps on reading the DVD (can last forever). The more you try the worse it works. I tried to copy movies back to the computer… can’t be done they all have CRC errors!!!! I lost over 100 movies! Now what could happen to the DVDs in a month, because a month ago they were ALL working just fine!!!

So I wanted to know is there a better way to burn the movies (because I usually do something wrong), so later they don’t have CRC errors.

Boy, I just woke up, thought about it… I have heartburn already.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    The likely answer is that the media has become damaged. The slightest of scratches or fingerprints can make a difference to a file on a disc and better quality discs may withstand more 'abuse' before corruption rears it's head.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DVDs look perfect, no scratches or fingerprints, ok some, but not all, and I have problem with all of them!

This may sound stupid but last month or so I was keeping them next to printer…can that damage them (does magnet damage DVD)??? Or maybe moisture, I live in the Caribbean and we had plenty of rain lately???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    probably just really cheap media. i have had similar experiences with cheap dvds.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    The brand I’m using is called “illusion”. And I don’t really have a choice what I buy, I live in small place by the seacoast, the first store is 14km away and they just sell this one brand. Next store, where I “MIGHT” have a choice is 150km away.

Anyway if the media is problem… is there a solution for me to extract all these movies so I can burn them to something better? Because, as I said, I can’t even copy them back to on the computer because of the CRC error.

I think I’m going to be sick, just by thinking about it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    Try one of those cheesey little cd-dvd disk scratch remover thingy's you can buy at wal-mart or some other "variety" type store for about $15.00 us
    Protect me from what I want!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    If cd-dvd have a scratch and I try to copy it to computer, can that give me CRC error?