Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey Concerns

Bye.
    Saturday, I filled out a survey regarding my BellSouth DSL service, and I'm a little concerned about one of my answers regarding what I do with my computer. One of the checkbox answers was "Downloading Music". So, by checking that, I won't be hassled by the RIAA, will I?

I download more music videos now than just straight-up music...have been ever since my download time got reduced from 4 hours to 30 minutes.

Here's the email Knowledge Systems & Research, Inc. sent me on behalf of BellSouth:

Dear BellSouth FastAccess DSL Customer:

BellSouth is very interested in hearing about your experiences using FastAccess DSL Service. We'd like to invite you to complete a brief web-based survey that will ask you to share your opinions about FastAccess DSL Service from service performance to customer support. As a part of a select group of FastAccess users who are being invited to participate, the information you provide will guide BellSouth's on-going efforts to improve the quality of your DSL service.

We hope that you will take the time to complete this important customer survey before April 26, 2005. Customers who receive this invitation are invited to participate in a drawing for one of four cash prizes totaling $1000. You are automatically entered by completing the survey. If you wish to enter the drawing, but don't want to participate in the survey, please send your name, e-mail address, mail address, city, state and zip to (deleted for security reasons).

To participate in the survey:
    Go to (deleted for security reasons)
    NOTE: If you are unable to click on the link directly, please type the entire link into the address or location field at the top of your web browser, and press the ENTER key on your keyboard to access the survey website.

ANONYMITY AND PRIVACY:
    In order to help ensure confidentiality, BellSouth has commissioned Knowledge Systems and Research, Inc., an independent market research firm, to administer the survey.

All responses to the survey will be completely confidential. Any information you provide is for research purposes only, with results viewed in aggregate. Your answers will not be used by any BellSouth entity as an aide for sales and BellSouth will never disclose the information to any other company.

[This survey pertains to your BellSouth FastAccess DSL service used at your home. If you do not have BellSouth FastAccess service at your home please do not complete this survey.]

If you have questions or require technical assistance, please contact the KS&Rs Support Desk by sending an e-mail to (deleted for security reasons) or by calling toll free, (deleted for security reasons). Please refer to the BellSouth Consumer Satisfaction Survey.

For details about the drawing, please go to (deleted for security reasons)

We look forward to receiving your feedback and thank you in advance for your participation.

Sincerely,

BellSouth

**You are receiving this e-mail from Knowledge Systems & Research, Inc. as authorized by BellSouth. **

If you do not want to participate in this study, please click here (deleted for security reasons).
    Last edited by JRSellers; 04-26-2005 at 05:45 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    click on the link again - your answers are still there - i'm reading them.

change them if you want to

3. Lounge   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Here in the UK they`ve just started to a the music downloads to the charts. Does this mean if it`s not in the charts your gonna get done.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Bye.
    I went though it again, and changed my answers regarding music downloads to "No comment."

BTW, if I'd known anyone could read it, and I assume change my answers, I would not have posted the email w/ the links.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    You probably should have changed your phone number too.

Don't worry, I did that for you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Bye.
    Oh great. I guess now I'll have to go thru it every day to make sure ya'll don't change my answers.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Bye.
    I noticed most of my "classification" answer were changed. I changed them back.

Why are you people messing with me?! [ as frell]

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    try editing your original post to assure no one gets access to the URL

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Bye.
    Everyone who's seen it has probably either memorized those links, wrote them down, or did a quick copy 'n' paste. Even worse, those URLs are in their browser history.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSellers
    Everyone who's seen it has probably either memorized those links, wrote them down, or did a quick copy 'n' paste.
    Either that or they didn't care enough to do anything
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast