Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New PC in the works

I have the same motherboard that you have and it was problematic at first too.
    Here's a good site to help fix your future problems
    http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=332591

Does the computer beep or does the "voice" speak to you when you try to boot it up. Sometimes it needs to be booted using one memory module and then flash to the latest bios in order to use, i assume you have 3 sticks of ram.

p.s this motherboard doesn't have onboard video so you need the gfx card.
    Last edited by spirex; 04-28-2005 at 04:43 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by spirex
    I have the same motherboard that you have and it was problematic at first too.
    Here's a good site to help fix your future problems
    http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=332591

Does the computer beep or does the "voice" speak to you when you try to boot it up. Sometimes it needs to be booted using one memory module and then flash to the latest bios in order to use, i assume you have 3 sticks of ram.
    Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to use it!

What do you mean by booting with one memory module, 1 stick of RAM?

No, it doesn't beep or speak at all. I just wish I could get a display so I knew what the hell was going on with it...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    In order to run the memory in dual channel the have to be identical and have to be using the two blue slots or all four.
    Just look at page 2-12 of the mobo manual>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Holy crap!
    I was googling "a8v deluxe blank screen" and some guy with 1 post on techsupportforum.com gave the answer in one single statement.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 post guy
    I had the same probleme with my mod and 3000+ 64 I played with the ram changed to slot B1 (second blue) and it works thanks
    So now the display works, and I assumed this meant the BIOS version is out of date, but it says "BIOS not installed". It was shipped without a BIOS?

Anyway, don't have a floppy drive installed so I put the BIOS upgrade on a CD for ASUS's EZ flash to read. Flash was successful.

I noticed after I flashed, I had a "CMOS Checksum bad" error, and in BIOS the CPU speed fell from 2200mhz to 1400mhz, but after a restart the speed was back to normal...

After another restart, the checksum error was gone as well.
    Last edited by Damnatory; 04-28-2005 at 09:50 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Damnatory

I noticed after I flashed, I had a "CMOS Checksum bad" error, and in BIOS the CPU speed fell from 2200mhz to 1400mhz, but after a restart the speed was back to normal...

After another restart, the checksum error was gone as well.
    That is nornal for after a BIOS flash. Good to see that you got it working.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    There's also software, AsusUpdate, that will update the bios from within Windows.
    The latest bios version is 1011 which has support for the new chips(san diego).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by spirex
    There's also software, AsusUpdate, that will update the bios from within Windows.
    The latest bios version is 1011 which has support for the new chips(san diego).
    Yeah, installing Windows now, but I'm a bit worried, I already flashed to the newest BIOS version (1011) but not all the memory was detected. The BIOS is only detecting 512MB of the 1.5GB that is installed.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    LMAO, this is so weird, after I got my motherboard back from abit from its rma trip the same thing happened to me, I was sitting on the floor staring at the thing going wtf, work, work damnit. And I just fucked around with the memory after testing different graphics cards monitors etc and it worked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123