Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy way to transfer to xbox?

Poster
    HI there all

FTP ing to my xbox isnt any good for various reasons - is theyre any way i can hook up a portable hdd to my xbox?

im going through dvd-r's like theres no tomorrow so if anyone has any bright idea's - cheers very much!
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

2. Games   -   #2
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by newcombe6
    HI there all

FTP ing to my xbox isnt any good for various reasons - is theyre any way i can hook up a portable hdd to my xbox?

im going through dvd-r's like theres no tomorrow so if anyone has any bright idea's - cheers very much!
    did you check this site: http://xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php?p=151|461|470|#470

Go into Tutuorials....it got tons of stuff related to xbox.
    Last edited by sameer0807; 04-20-2005 at 08:43 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

3. Games   -   #3
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Tried using DVD RW's?

Whats the problem with FTP? It might be easier to try and sort that out.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I believe its easier too just buy the games you want. Whats money?

I've tried modding my xbox many times, i have just given up. I don't think its worth it, Chipping my xbox or with that new software, get the chance too get kicked out of xbox live, getting games the hard way.

Nah, i'll just buy them. He, just an opinion.

5. Games   -   #5
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Whats money? Its great if you've got it. I've got three kids so for starters I'm not gonna throw down £40 (gbp) for a game I'm not gonna play more than once cos it's a bag of shite!
    Also my modded xbox acts as a all round mutimedia player (works a hell of a lot better than a commercial player and I benefit from frequent updates)
    My modded xbox introduced me to the joys of using *nix as an os.
    I can play games of old using the many emulators that are avalible on the xbox (arcade, nes, snes, master system, megadrive/genisis, n64, spectrum; to name some that are out there.)
    There are also the many "homebrew" games that released as well.

May I suggest you take your opinion and shove it where the sun dont shine?

Oh and BTW, I paid £160 for my xbox and I have about £720 worth of games and my xbox is modded, so wheres your argument?

Edit: Get of your high horse you prick
    Last edited by namzuf9; 04-20-2005 at 10:58 PM. Reason: I forgot to add...

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    cheers for all the effort lads

in response to the guy saying just buy the games - i cant afford it either. between phone contracts, mortgage, a new baby and car payments - who the f**k can afford it !!!

and i spose theyres no real problem why ftp wont work. the xbox and pc are in different rooms - so its only my laziness which is stopping it!

i also thank god that i dont pay much for games - cos theres been loads of dissapointments lately and im damn glad i didnt pay £40 each

and the ability to play xvid files and that on the box has helped me no ends! saves me tmpgenc'ing it onto dvd - priceless!

and i know xvid players are like £50 now - but i still like the 'box for all my media playing
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;a favour wil kill you faster than a bullet...........&quot;</span>

7. Games   -   #7
    Poster
    If you can't afford it then don't buy it....Pfff, it so simple. If you really want a game you an safe money. But an empty CD costs too, them odchip costed so why can you afford tht and not the originals?

Plus, what if your Xbox breaks down becasue of all the modding?
    Last edited by vegeta_ssj12; 04-21-2005 at 03:05 PM.

8. Games   -   #8
    50 DVDs + Mod Chip = £35 delivered
    50 Brand New Games = £2000

H'mmmmmmmmmmm

9. Games   -   #9
    Poster
    youd think people could do the maths on their own...............

10. Games   -   #10
    Poster
    If you are in so much money problems you wouldn't have a Xbox or internet. If you want a game, safe some money. 1 game every 3 months or so is enough, if you know your games you would have a game that you actually like instead of 50 game while you only play 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast