Thread: Problem burning DVDs, Data error.

Ok, when I go to burn a lot of DVDs I go into dvdshrink and try to open the disk, it will atart opening it and then stop with an error message talking about a data error and cyclic redundancy check.

I know that this means the media is bad or damaged but is there any way around this because when I play the dvd, it may only skip for like 1 second in one part of the movie causing no problems but this means that if I wanna burn it, it won't work because there is this one tiny little bit of bad media. So is there any other software that can open a disk despite it perhaps having some bad media or anything else?

Thx in advance.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Use DVD Decryper to extract the DVD to your HDD then use DVD Shrink.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ok, can you help me a lil more, won't I just get the same problem with that?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    no.
    dvd shrink sometimes encounters errors, most of the time shrink is all you need but when you run into problems its best to copy the dvd to your HD with dvd decrypter then run shrink.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    ok, heres what I did.

I downloaded dvd decrypter, went to decrpyt it and it did so...... until it got to 48% the same percentage dvdshrink got when it was opening the disk. When it reached 48% it came up with a read error and asked if I wanted to abort, retry or skip that file so I tried retry and that didn't work so I just skipped that one file, let it continue copying the other files to my computer.

It's still doing it now and all the other files seem to be decrypting fine but are there any suggestions? any hope of being able to burn without one of the .vob files. Any software or anything that can just burn it despite being bad?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    muchspl3's Avatar muchspl3 > muchspl2
    sounds like a scratch. I would clean it good under running tap water and wipe from the center out with TP or a Kleenex

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    I tried wiping it before.

Doesn't matter. if I want a copy of it I'll d/l it on bit-torrent.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    i had this prob i i changed the brand of disk`s i was using and it sorted it out for me.