Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who here uses a Modded Xbox?

Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    ive got an xbox now and i play halo online, but is getting the mod that big of a deal? the only benefit i know of with a chip is playing copied games, but i dont care about that all too much, ia lways buy games used so money isnt an issue
    tYiA

2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i do. and its not just copied games, the amount of stuff u can do is unbelievable. i got the chip mainly cuz u can rip games and other things to the hard drive (of course u'll have to get a bigger harddrive). not to mention emulators and stuff, hell if u want u can turn it into a computer, good old fashioned linux.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #3
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    i softmodded and i make games.....WEE!

4. Games   -   #4
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    is there a difference in the outcome between soft modding and getting a chip?
    tYiA

5. Games   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowen747x
    is there a difference in the outcome between soft modding and getting a chip?
    Not really since M$ keeps finding ways to find chipped xboxs when the try to logon to Live. And you can remove the softmod with no harm being done.

As azad said... you can do more then just played d/l games on it. You can run windows or linux. It will play any media file type you can think of if you got Xbox Media Center.

Can even browse the internet :p
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

6. Games   -   #6
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    modded xbox is the way to go......BTW just wonderin if the game makers would put some sort of protection or somethin that would not allow us to play on modded xbox....Is that possible? If yea, then that would be end of games for me.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

7. Games   -   #7
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    My name is Duffman, and I have a modded xbox, its been 2 years since I last bought a game, and I, I don't miss it.

8. Games   -   #8
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    yup as singa said, xbox media center that's the way to go, infact i rarely use my dvd player anymore, i have my 6.1 home theater system (minus dvd player) hooked up to the xbox, no more do i have to download, incode/convert, burn to dvdr then play, i can just transfer to xbox (the file being avi, mpeg, etc.) through my wifi network i got setup. modded xbox makes life so so much easier, i can't imagine living without it. hell if its anything, i rarely play anymore on xbox exception made for Forza which I just got yesterday.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    yup as singa said, xbox media center that's the way to go, infact i rarely use my dvd player anymore, i have my 6.1 home theater system (minus dvd player) hooked up to the xbox, no more do i have to download, incode/convert, burn to dvdr then play, i can just transfer to xbox (the file being avi, mpeg, etc.) through my wifi network i got setup. modded xbox makes life so so much easier, i can't imagine living without it. hell if its anything, i rarely play anymore on xbox exception made for Forza which I just got yesterday.
    exactly.
    XBMC also supports 1080i

10. Games   -   #10
    You know a chipped XBox can be sured off using a switch so that you can play your legal games online with Live, although MS are wankers and attempt to check your dashboard version (if your xbox is chipped the version will be wrong, which means you get a Live ban) or to see if you have a larger hard drive, although these could just be MS trying to scare people off with stories.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast