Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: america, do you give a shit about our election?

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    i remember last year we were all watching you, terrified of the inevitable. your president is the most important man in the world so it's something the whole world cares about.

now we (UK) are just a small country and we don't really have the power to end the world or anything so i thought no-one outside the UK would follow our politics.

now i'm reading the 'msn election special' which i thought was UK only, but money is measured in dollars as well as pounds.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins

now we (UK) are just a small country and we don't really have the power to end the world or anything so i thought no-one outside the UK would follow our politics.
    You would be correct.
    Why, many of your people are not even in possession of the letter "V" yet.
    Does their bhote count?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Shit Gepper most English people dont give a damn about the election,we all know labour is going to win again,he has all the illegal immigrants voting for him

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    If I knew more about the candidates, what they stood for, and changes they are seeking, then I would. But in America, the media doesn't really report it and I don't like getting news from the net.
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-01-2005 at 11:36 AM.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Having a system where the prime minister chooses the date for the election dosn't seem to be all democratic to me.

That's what I thought earlier today after reading an article on how far ahead Blair and the labour is on the polls.

This is how many months after your whole country couldn't stand the man?

Well, clearly the world cares... somewhat.

(granted, I'm not an american.. so my opinion might not be worth shit)
    Last edited by Barky; 05-01-2005 at 12:23 PM.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barky
    Having a system where the prime minister chooses the date for the election dosn't seem to be all democratic to me.

That's what I thought earlier today after reading an article on how far ahead Blair and the labour is on the polls.

This is how many months after your whole country couldn't stand the man?

Well, clearly the world cares... somewhat.

(granted, I'm not an american.. so my opinion might not be worth shit)
    i'm not sure but i think the country is divided on who's worse. tony blair(labour) or micheal howard(conservative), and no one thinks it's worth voting on charles kennedy(liberal democrats) because they don't think anybody alse will vote for him. mind, i've been reading up on their policies which all sound good but i don't think just 10% on those who earn over £100,000 will pay for everything.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    I would agree that Blair is not all that popular. However, the Conservatives left in such disarray and disgrace 8 years ago that he has not had any realistic competition. Howard was part of Mrs. Thatcher's set and is considered scary by his own people (once described by a Conservative as having "something of the night about him" this was scary - considering her own nickname was Doris Karloff )

It looks like Labour will get in - perhaps with not such a huge majority as last time. Who knows though, people have to go out and bhote in order for anything to happen.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    There is a huge indifference and indeed a huge ignorance to the fact that elections are even being held.
    This is in part to the fact that many Americans do see the world as just something for the USA to use to it's advantage and no mainstream political party in the UK poses any real disadvantage the the USA.
    If a radical anti US party looked like it was doing too well then more would sit up and say "huh..... who switched sports centre over ?" but that's not likely to happen for some time it seems.

On a side note how many British people take interest in the elections of Finland, Bolivia or Iceland...... Very few ii guess because the countries don't have an influence on your lives.
    Last edited by vidcc; 05-01-2005 at 02:59 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    these election people are probably the same dicks who keep spamming me with poll news letters every other day

my letter box will not be a pwn in their political gehyness, which is why next time i will write you suck balls on the letter and return to sender
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 05-01-2005 at 02:58 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    People think a vote for Lib Dems is a waste, which its not.
    People think Tony Blair is a cock sucking lying wanker, which is true.
    However people do not like the idea of Michael Howard being in controll of the country in a national crises (Terrorist attack and so on) they don;t feel he has the extra Va Va Voom.

Im gonna vote for Lib Dem cause i get free Uni education then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast